Thread: Cobb or Cornish Giant?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yeah, I think you probably ought to get busy doing something else (or else maybe do a little research before you toss out answers without a clue)... I believe he's asking which hatchery's birds to buy.

But not having dealt with either one, I can't say. I can say the prices at Millers are nearly absurd...

They want $1.72 - $1.95 EACH for straight run CornishX, PLUS shipping? EEEK!

My straight run CornishX from Welp hatchery were $1.30 each (granted, I did buy 100) and that included shipping.

I'll be honest and say that I've raised CornishX from several hatcheries over the years (McMurray, Welps, Meyer and Cackle) and the ONLY one I'd never deal with again was Meyer. The birds themselves are generally pretty darned similar, although I have noticed that Welp's strain tends to stay sound- not get crippled- even to VERY large sizes. Since I like to be able to raise a few roasters to 11# or so, I stick with Welps.

Apparently you're in Canada? That probably gives you limited choices, but you should get acceptable birds from any Canadian hatchery

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Yeah, I think you probably ought to get busy doing something else (or else maybe do a little research before you toss out answers without a clue)... I believe he's asking which hatchery's birds to buy.
    Summerthyme
    Just having some fun!

http://www.backyardchickens.com/products/cornish-cross
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/59...h-cross-chicks

info about cobb/hubbard cornish cross chickens
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.