Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeding Pigs eggs...

we fed ours raw eggs till we read about the binding that ST mentioned, but I thought it bound the protein, so wanted them to get all of it.

our chickens liked hanging out in the pig pen and we didn't want them to get the idea they liked raw eggs also, so we just boiled them all.

Not sure how it works in Ark. but here in MS to sell eggs to the stores it is a simple permit for $25. The inspector comes by, shows you how they want them cleaned in a light bleach solution if I recall and that's it.

Our neighbor got his permit last year to sell to local stores and he seemed to do quite well, it was tempting to do the same to help cover feed costs, but neither of us like to interact much out in public..

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Feed them to the pigs raw.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Thread dift butttt.......we are totally with you on that one!!!!! lol

but neither of us like to interact much out in public..[/quote]
    Living the dream, just living the dream!

Quote Originally Posted by just living View Post
    Thread dift butttt.......we are totally with you on that one!!!!! lol

but neither of us like to interact much out in public..
    I am not too crazy about it sometimes myself, but someone has to earn a paycheck right now.

I would rather NOT have a government inspector come on my place. Our things are mostly thrown together salvage stuff and I have no idea what they would think about it, and am not sure I really want to know.

Years ago when a family member used to have pigs, I used to give the pig all the eggs out of the incubator that didn't hatch. It felt gross to me, but she loved them and I didn't have to worry about what to do with all those unhatched eggs.