Thread: Corrie ten Boom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Corrie ten Boom

I just finished reading the book titled "Tramp for the "Lord"
    by Corrie ten Boom. All I can say is WOW what a life she lead.
    Very sad the way that died.
    Hope the rest of her book are still in print
    Sin is not just breaking God’s laws; it is breaking His heart."
    --Pastor Adrian Rogers, Founder of Love Worth Finding ministry

Can't go wrong listening to Corrie. There are audio messages by her online.
    Amen, she definitely was quite the lady; filled with very much wisdom.
    Waiting for His Return.

1John 4:8,16 He that loves not knows not God; for God is love. And we have known and believed the love that God has toward us. God is love; and he that dwells in love dwells in God, and God in him.

Amazing and inspiring woman.

The last Sermon I sat for in Baptist Church, before My Family and I crossed the Tiber, was based on her tale.

She will be at some point, at the least, made a lessor Saint, as she is now in the line to be reviewed, and is Beloved for her Suffering, and it's a tale that is sobering. She is already a regional Saint. I say lessor, because I don't see anyone bothering her remains, but based on the confirmed Cross she was chosen to bare, and how she did so willingly, makes her a lock for the lessor. Perhaps even higher, in the next fifty years, if we are all still here.

We are ALL able to be Saints, ALL of us, Orthodox or not. If we Love Christ, and OBEY his will for us, all Christians will, and should, hold these examples of Victories of the Spirit over the Flesh up for us ALL to see as a witness and Testimony to our shared love of Jesus. People should know that in their Hearts, if that is ANY comfort to the suffering some are called to do in living as an Imitation of Christ. Her Story is not being brushed aside by the Church in the least.

We should keep these Souls in our Hearts and our Prayers, not only when we Pray the Lord's Prayer, as we BEG NOT to be put to the test, as even so, some of us will, and I Pray that it isn't so, for your Family, as well as mine. Some of us however, God Forbid, WILL be tested, and a Holy Saint is one who has accepted and Triumphed over doubt and temptation, much as out Sacred Jesus was as well, to walk away.

I Love, and freely accept all of you, who profess to Love Jesus as my Family in Christ, and we all need to learn to share, talk, speak, and Love on another while we have the mercy of time.

I crossed the Tiber, because my Children "Get," the Holy Eucharist, they at 13-7-6-5 understand that Jesus LOVES them, and that he gave us all he had in this world, his flesh and blood as an offering in our place, EVEN my little Son understands the Sacrament. That Jesus Died so that HE may live, and that Jesus is WITH us, and LOVES him with all of his heart.

It takes Faith, STRONG Faith, to stand up, and face that which wants to destroy you, it is not logical, as the atheists will rant on about.

Anytime, anyone, stands up, in defiance of the destroyer, and claims Victory in the name of Jesus, then even to the lessor, they should be held up as Saints.

Her story is one of SO many. Rejoice that it IS possible, and NEVER forget to thank our God, for EVERYDAY, that WE weren't put to that test.

Praise Jesus.
    "You Can't MAKE this stuff up."

They cast their silver into the streets, and their gold is like an unclean thing. Their silver and gold are not able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord. They cannot satisfy their hunger or fill their stomachs with it. For it was the stumbling block of their iniquity.
    Ezekiel 7:19

Considering that she didn't appear to spend any time
    in a seminary,but only taught by the Bible,the Father
    Jesus, and the Holy Spirit I found her knowledge of demons and demonology
    and the end times as well as the power of forgiveness very insightfull
    Last edited by Remnant777; 05-06-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Sin is not just breaking God’s laws; it is breaking His heart."
    --Pastor Adrian Rogers, Founder of Love Worth Finding ministry

She had a revelation of who God is. And to live like God wants us to, is to live like Christ, in Christ.

If you want to know what God requires of us, read what Christ did.

In 'The Hiding Place', her sister (in the nazi camp she was in) had that revelation early.

No matter what they do to us, we still must have compassion on their lost souls: For Hell is a terrible place, even forever. That is only done in Jesus, I guarantee that: And she knew it.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."