Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am in need for some help - with chocolate chip cookies

coconut oil.

Tom

The original Toll House recipe says to dissolve the baking soda in 1 tsp water. I always do that. It also calls for sifted flour. If you scoop it out you can have an extra 1 or 2 T. I don't sift, but I "fluff" the flour into the measuring cup.
    One wouldn't think that it would make a difference, but it does.

Are cookies supposed to make it past the dough stage?????

Bake them less time. Or turn the temp down 25 degrees. Or both. The will look raw to me but will finish baking as they cool. Personally I use the toll house and will add 1C oatmeal, 1C walnuts occasionally. Crispy cookies are so good dunked in a glass of cold milk. Or coffee.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

what summer said
    also can sustitute crisco butter flavor sticks for butter or do 1/2 and 1/2 like i do
    (the best of both worlds...)

Liberty is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Would you be willing to post "the original" TH cookie recipe? I understand the one on the current bags is not the same.

nestle toll house is the original recipe....
    man i trying not think about fresh hot moist cookies.....

It could be that the kids are used to the chips ahoy and the store bought that are always chewy (but gross). So different than homemade.

Spoiled brat children! I wouldn't complain if someone brought me homemade chocolate chip cookies. I don't care if they are crispy or soft, as long as they are cookies.

Well huny, it is the TH recipe.... Nothing more, nothing less.

I had not really thought about the whole sifting flour thing, nor the crisco. I think that the recipe calls for 2 whatevers of butter.

I guess that I can try using the crisco...and pay better attention to the time.

As for the time.......I have never had a complaint about my cookies from ANYONE before this time (well...not true. There have been complaints that I did not make enough - they disappeared too fast )

Yeah....crazy kids... Oh well... Thank You all for the input!

Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

CDC lied and more kids died

Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...

Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Are cookies supposed to make it past the dough stage?????

Bake them less time. Or turn the temp down 25 degrees. Or both. The will look raw to me but will finish baking as they cool. Personally I use the toll house and will add 1C oatmeal, 1C walnuts occasionally. Crispy cookies are so good dunked in a glass of cold milk. Or coffee.
    Yeah....I probably eat about 6-10 cookies worth of mix while I am cooing them up....... num yummy

Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

CDC lied and more kids died

Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...