Thread: Iran jails lawyer who defended Christian pastor on death row

Default Iran jails lawyer who defended Christian pastor on death row

Iran jails lawyer who defended Christian pastor on death row

Posted on May 6, 2012 by creeping
    No freedom compulsion in Islam. And silence from U.S. media and politicians. via Iran now jails pastor’s lawyer | Greeley Gazette.
    The government of Iran appears to be doubling down in the case of a pastor facing the death sentence for leaving the Islamic faith by now arresting his attorney.
    The American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), which has been working to secure the release of Christian Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani, today called Iran’s decision to imprison Pastor Youcef’s attorney, Mohammad Ali Dadkhah, “very troubling.”
    Dadkah told news organizations that government officials had informed him he had been convicted of acting against national security and spreading propaganda against the regime and could expect to be jailed soon.
    “The news that this renowned human rights attorney has been sentenced to prison by Iranian officials is very troubling,” said Jordan Sekulow, Executive Director of the ACLJ. “This development only reinforces the fact that Iran has no regard for basic human rights. It also raises further concern about the fate of Pastor Youcef. With his attorney facing nine years in prison, and no other lawyer likely to take the case, Pastor Youcef has no legal advocate, which places him at greater risk.”
    The decision by Iran to arrest Nadarkhani’s attorney comes amidst intense international pressure to free the pastor. Their actions towards Nadarkhani mirror those it shows towards the rest of the world in regards to its nuclear program.
    Pastor Youcef Nadarkhani caught the attention of the world after being convicted for leaving the Islamic faith, even though he says he has never been a Muslim. Nardarkhani, who is facing a possible death sentence, has been caught in a catch 22 regarding Muslim teaching.
    While Nadarkhani tells the world that he was never a Muslim that statement is contrary to Muslim teaching. According to Islam, everyone is born a Muslim. Thus, Nadarkhani or for that matter, any person who becomes a Christian or follows any other religion has “left Islam.”
    On page 28, in the introduction of a copy of the Qur’an, printed by Ansariyan Publications in the Islamic Republic of Iran, the translator, M.H. Shakir in the section “Islam and Muslims” states, “In fact, every child that is born is a Muslim. It is the parents who make him a Jew, Christian or Hindu.”
    Based on this teaching, even if Nadarkhani had never visited a mosque a day in his life he is still considered a Muslim. Therefore, when he accepted Christ as his savior and became a Christian he left the Muslim faith whether he knew it or not.
    How many Muslims would there really be in the world if Islam didn’t dictate death for those who choose to leave?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Sad yes, the US's business not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    Myopic much?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

It's every Christian's business.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    It's every Christian's business.

Sorry to disagree with you but our constantly minding other peoples business has not worked out so well for us as a nation here of late. I would suggest that we follow the Constitution and the advise of the founders and NOT get involved in any more foreign entanglements. We have more than enough issues here at home as well as some serious financial issues to deal with already. After our own house is back in order then we could consider politely trying to get people to emulate our nation because of our example not down the barrel of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.
    They come for the Christians next, as per scripture (Rev 2:10, 6:9-10, 20:4). When the massive infestation of Satan's muslim followers swarm the earth, you can bet the fate of this Pastor will be very much on your mind on the day they come to behead you, the infidel and you will understand how important it was.

It is no longer about the USA. It is about End Times. The time has come to choose sides. There will be no fence sitters in this war. Failure to choose will seal the choice for you, and it wont be on the right side. Are you ready to make the same choice that this Pastor has made when they knock on your door? What this Pastor has done and is about to do matters....it matters most of all. More than the narrow view of our economy, more than our spoiled ways. Americans don't know what it means to suffer, not in the least. Even the poorest among us are rich by comparison to others in the world. And it is harder for a rich man to get to heaven than it is for a camel to go through an eye of a needle.

Mark 8:35 "For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's shall save it. "

Don’t buy from a faceless chain.
    Buy from a friend.

Shop Avon Online! - www.LizMetcalf.com
    Liz Metcalf
    - The Tree of Liberty's Avon Lady