Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Get The Coldest Air From A Window Air Conditioner

Arrow How To Get The Coldest Air From A Window Air Conditioner

I noticed air conditioners blow the coldest air when the fan speed is on low and kept on low. I experimented with my brothers air conditioner and it kept his place real cool considering his apartment faced the warmest side of the building and he was on the 3rd floor.

Try this for yourself. Keep the fan speed on low and simply adjust the thermostat. It really does work. And when it cools down enough, the compressor turns off / on - actually saving electricity.

yeah. LOL

Not in texas!

Well then pardner sounds like yall need a Texas sized air conditioner.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

I have found that if you put the window unit on low fan speed and cold temp, then put an oscillating fan in front of it to circulate the air, you can turn the room into a meat locker!
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    www.patriotguard.org

The best thing you can do is keep the filter clean, and if you have the ability clean your coils regularly.
    Christ Jesus, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness (Philippians 2,6-7).

I told my daughter about the OP and she tried it. Her new a/c was just cooling one bedroom before (with the fan on high) and now it's cooling the whole trailer. She was even able to turn it down to the energy saver setting. She is thrilled! Thank you for posting it, SC!
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are. ~Author Unknown

why would you need a air conditioner in Seattle? for the week it gets above 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Belle View Post
    I told my daughter about the OP and she tried it. Her new a/c was just cooling one bedroom before (with the fan on high) and now it's cooling the whole trailer. She was even able to turn it down to the energy saver setting. She is thrilled! Thank you for posting it, SC!

Hi Belle. you and everyone are very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    why would you need a air conditioner in Seattle? for the week it gets above 80?
    There are actually apartments that get real hot in the Summer. Facing south or being in the upper floors make a difference.

This same thing is true in cars as well. After you purge the hottest air from the vehicle cabin a lower fan setting allows the air more time at the heat exchanger.

Try This:

1) After plugging the air conditioner in, set the thermostat to say #9 or the highest it will go.

2) Now set the fan speed on LOW.

3) Do not touch the air conditioner

4) Now enjoy the very nice cool air.

5) Spread the word on how this is done by the above directions so everyone knows.