Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's to do list: nothing, burp, try to swallow

Default Today's to do list: nothing, burp, try to swallow

I'm asking if any of y'all have experience with eating, burping and not able to swallow right.

This is going on with me...
    No acid reflux, just not being able to swallow and it's like it backs up,and I throw up.

Not sure what to make of this...been going on for a few months now.

Not real fond of Drs and all their costly *tests*..but will do if I have to.......

Input appreciated..

Thank y'all.
    Psalms 23:1,2 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

This SOUNDS like a hiatal hernia. My son's art teacher had this and her symptoms were what you describe.
    And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. I Thess. 5:23

Liberty is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Just went to the doc today for similar symptoms. For almost a year I've had the feeling of a thick wad of phlegm in my throat that won't go down, and won't come up. The last few months it feels like its getting bigger. No pain, no heartburn or vomiting, no irritation in throat or sinuses. Doc put me on Prilosec for two weeks to see if it helps because he thinks it may be a slight case of reflux. If not, he's going to do an esophogal xray and CAT scan.

He said you can get over the counter prilosec that's a milder dose so you may want to try it.

Someone I know was discussing this on one of the lists I'm on, turns out she had scarring in her esophagus the doc stretched it some how, might have put a ring in it as well, and now she's fine. Apparently it's not all that uncommon but they will have to put a scope down your throat to find out what's going on.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

It could be Schatzki ring it is a narrowing of the lower part of the esophagus that can cause difficulty swallowing

This is something I suffer from. There are times I can't swallow anything. I am not nauseous but when I try to swallow it just seems to sit in my throat until I cough it back up.

There does not seem to be much in the way of treatment. When it gets bad I have a procedure to "stretch" this ring.

Hope this helps.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

It could be Alzhiemer's Syndrome
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    It could be Alzhiemer's Syndrome
    Seriously,,,check it out
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Seriously,,,check it out
    So your saying that Birdlady is an alcoholic??? I did check it out and it would seem that this syndrome you speak of is caused by a serious deficiancy in Vit B due to chronic alcoholism. |

K-

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

If it was only that simple

If it was only that simple
    maybe YOU should provide some links to what you are thinking then.

K-

Joan of Arc