Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon hiring 1,000 for Seattle offices, Microsoft hiring 1,500

Arrow Amazon hiring 1,000 for Seattle offices, Microsoft hiring 1,500

Some of the biggest tech companies in the Northwest are looking for new workers.

According to TechFlash, Amazon announced Monday it is hiring 1,000 people for its Seattle offices.

Amazon looking for technical developers to work on software engineering, management of software development, user interface, user experience design, and technical program management.

Microsoft is also hiring more than 1,500 people. Other tech companies are expanding in the area, including Facebook office in Seattle, Google's Kirkland office and F-5 Networks in Seattle.

http://www.king5.com/news/technology...151458185.html

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Cobra1 View Post
    Some of the biggest tech companies in the Northwest are looking for new workers.

According to TechFlash, Amazon announced Monday it is hiring 1,000 people for its Seattle offices.

Amazon looking for technical developers to work on software engineering, management of software development, user interface, user experience design, and technical program management.

Microsoft is also hiring more than 1,500 people. Other tech companies are expanding in the area, including Facebook office in Seattle, Google's Kirkland office and F-5 Networks in Seattle.

http://www.king5.com/news/technology...151458185.html
    Must be time for that subduction quake. The West Side's throwing us all out of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by tsherry View Post
    Must be time for that subduction quake. The West Side's throwing us all out of balance.
    Just don't be suprised if it strikes the eastern US and not the western US.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

2500 jobs for 13,000,000 unemployed?
    WOW the Depression IS OVER!
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Just don't be suprised if it strikes the eastern US and not the western US.

K-
    Packy, is an area of your body hurting that would support that comment, or is it an educated guess based on your study of other quakes?

Just curious. (And you know that I don't doubt your tones or cravings)

I'll bet these are mostly temp or part-time jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    Packy, is an area of your body hurting that would support that comment, or is it an educated guess based on your study of other quakes?

Just curious. (And you know that I don't doubt your tones or cravings)

Well I royally messed up my knee tonight, otherwise no I'm not craving anything or experiencing any tones. The comment comes from having studied how the NA plate moves, and the realitve pressure build up on the NA plate caused by the monster quakes in and around the pacific region.

Last years Virginia quake was a warning shot.

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post
    Nope.

I know someone who just got hired & relocated to Seattle on their dime, with lots of perks to boot'

Or H1 visa jobs for foreigners "imported" into the country to work...

Quote Originally Posted by moestooge View Post

I was recently solicited for a tech job including relocation to seattle - not sure why they are seeing a boom while the rest of the country is flat.

I think Amazon will take a dive when (not if, when) the state and perhaps federal government require taxes on all Internet purchases. MS, is well, MS, and they own operating systems into the foreseeable future, so they have a cash machine (Linux et al notwithstanding). They may also have gotten some advanced .gov business for more ways to keep an eye on the serfs. Who knows.

Maybe Seattle is just replacing people who are leaving? I have heard tales that some Western Washingtonians are fed up with the influx of Californians, and heading to Eastern WA or elsewhere. Same with front range in CO & parts of TX. Seems many CA folks bring their worldview with them when they relocate.