Thread: Chris Matthews and Karma

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Default Chris Matthews and Karma

I know, not hard news but.........

On at least four occasions, MSNBC's Chris Matthews mocked Sarah Palin for how he felt she'd do if she were ever on the hit television game show Jeopardy!.
    In a delicious example of instant karma, the self-proclaimed brainiac got his chance to show America how smart he was in a special "Power Players" version of the show Monday, but came up quite short finishing dead last with the paltry sum of only $2,300 (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):
    For those that missed it, Matthews was matched up against CNN's Lizzie O'Leary and former Obama White House press secretary Robert Gibbs.
    Quite comically, the MSNBC anchor's first gaffe came when he couldn't even correctly request an answer to a question.
    "Let's go back to, what is 'Crossword Clues E?' I mean, I'm sorry, let's go $200 for the category 'Crossword Clues E.'"
    Matthews appeared to have his Joe Biden thinking cap on.
    Host Alex Trebek finally read the answer, "At ____, soldier! Four letters."
    "At ease, soldier," Matthews responded. "What is 'At ease, soldier?'"
    Although the correct response was "Ease," host Trebek graciously accepted Matthews' offering.
    A bit later, the answer to another question was, "Full name of the U2 pilot shot down over the Soviet Union in 1960."
    Matthews responded, "Who is Gary Powers?"
    Trebek prompted, "We need the full name."
    Again channeling Biden, Matthews actually just repeated the same thing saying, "Who is Gary Powers?"
    Trebek said, "No," and the audience burst out laughing. The full name of course was Francis Gary Powers.
    And that's when things really got ugly for the arrogant Matthews.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz1uwpKw9HB

Chris Matthews reminds me of Ned Beatty in Deliverance.

I watched Jeopardy and was amused at Matthews. His ego came through loud and clear! Instant karma for sure, LOL!

What surprised me was how down to earth Robert Gibbs was. When he was the former Obama White House press secretary I didn't see that side of him.

I'm sure his two fans will be very disappointed.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for,
    another person must work for without receiving."Adrian Rogers, 1931

They should have called that episode "Simppering Commie Syncophants"
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

I don't watch but my wife does.

Apparently, there were 2 Obama commercials during the show with Joe Biden.
    It seems to have turned into a political statement
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

Hey now...this means precious little.

Speaking here as a Jeopardy enthusiast who would have made quite a bit of cash some days--and who actually tried out once for Jeopardy's Teen Tournament back in the day (my quite thoroughly amazing parents were willing to drive to Omaha, from Michigan, to let me have a run at it)--actual performance on Jeopardy depends almost on the day you show up, as the questions undergo regular rotation and may not always be in your particular area of choice.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Hey now...this means precious little.

Speaking here as a Jeopardy enthusiast who would have made quite a bit of cash some days--and who actually tried out once for Jeopardy's Teen Tournament back in the day (my quite thoroughly amazing parents were willing to drive to Omaha, from Michigan, to let me have a run at it)--actual performance on Jeopardy depends almost on the day you show up, as the questions undergo regular rotation and may not always be in your particular area of choice.
    But, pompous Chris knows everything. That's why I enjoyed this.

Not to mention that the questions are dummed down for celebrity play.

Worse than Kids week for the faithfull.
    "Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."
    –Norm Franz, Money and Wealth in the New Millenium