Thread: LGBT Sailors Urged To Come Out For Fleet Week

Default LGBT Sailors Urged To Come Out For Fleet Week

Oh my...........................

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ces&ref=topbar

HELL'S KITCHEN — For the first Fleet Week since Don't Ask, Don't Tell was repealed, New York's gay nightlife scene is encouraging men and women in uniform to come out.

Bars and hotels have set up Fleet Week-themed specials and planned a host of parties to attract gay servicemembers for their first open Fleet Week in the celebration's 25-year history.
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Sponsored by:

"See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

I doubt too many will.

Why?

To paraphrase the tagline of one of my favorite movies of all time "At sea, no one can hear you scream" (as you fall 60 feet into 34 degree water in starlight 300 miles from anything resenbling rescue, or even land).

As someone who's been to sea, I know that people occasionally disappear without a trace out there. Sometimes it's an accident or suicide and sometimes...it's not.
    Careful...the older I get, the less "life sentence" is a deterrent.