Thread: Love love love garage sale time

Default Love love love garage sale time

My local scratch n dent grocer is having a family garage sale Saturday morn.

The owner told me this morning that I could go in the banquet room now & shop early..I have a 4 month old grand daughter that is still in newborn size clothes. Another granddaughter is on the way.My daughter that the dr told last week that she is having a girl also , doing a c section July 3rd.

I loaded 2 shopping carts FULL. Everything that is needed for a girl from newborn to 18 month size. Half the clothes have the tags still on them . Everything is a quarter. 2, 3, & 4 piece sets on hangers 50 cents & 1 $.

Heavy terry cloth baby bath towels 25 cents.Crib sheets 25 cents.

Gap , the childrens place, macys, gymboree. 9 bananna boxes overflowing. My total 81 $ There is 1 -3 pc outfit from Baby gap with the tags on it , the tag cost for that single outfit is more than my whole total.

I went last Friday to a community garage sale . There was nothing garage sale like about it. They wanted anywhere from $ 3 to $ 5 dollars for shirts & pants were even more. The mom to mom sales in my area prices have been outrageous as well. Its finally nice to go to a garage sale that has actual garage sale prices.

Love garage sale time.
    Last edited by dylanM; 05-23-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    ?

You did great! Our townwide sale was last weekend. Prices were high, and there was a lot of junk. We hardly got anything, but I was given a silver quarter in change. Sure wish I knew which sale I got it at.....I would have gone back and bought something else!!

Congrats on the deals.

The harsh reality is that folks needs to make more than a quarter on the items they sell at yard/garage sales. Most around our area are downsizing possessions because they are losing their homes and moving in relatives or small apartments. Rents here are very high. A two bedroom home goes for 1,200 a month, apartments are almost as high due to the local state university.

So when you are forced to sell items you paid a lot for it is hard to haggle down to a pittance.

Sad times we are in for sure.

There is a Church sponsored local place that accepts donations of all kinds of things, including clothing. They sell everything at very reasonable prices. Then 2 or 3 Saturdays per month, they are open from 10am to 2pm offering everything for FREE. I enjoy going to garage sales when I have a few bucks to part with. Right now, I am saving all my extra money to pay for my startup cost for my new WA State Licensed Nursery Biz. I'll be going to some just looking for materials & items I can use for that...