Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honor student placed in jail for tardiness and truancy at school

why not put her parents in jail instead....

Lets make an example of overachievers, do not excel, all nails must be flush with the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayso View Post
    These days a High School diploma isn't worth squat. I actually believed my teachers horror stories that if I dropped out and got my GED I wouldn't have the opportunities someone with a highschool diploma would have. It flat out wasn't true.

Today I have a middle class life and am (finally) working my way through college. No one ever blinked an eye at the GED.

MY advice to this girl would simple sign out of school, get your GED and continue with your college classes.

I agree. I quit HS a few weeks into 10th grade after an argument in history class with an ignorant teacher. I had read the entire text book and it was evident she hadn't. An early liberal under Carter.

My parents said I had to do something so I went to haircutting school. Graduated and decided to join the AF. Recruiter wouldn't pay attention to me because a female had to score super high on the ASVAB to enlist with a GED and I didn't even have that yet. So I went and took it cold and passed. Took the ASVAB with a female college graduate that cried all the way home in the recruiters car. He had such high hopes for her. She failed it miserably and I almost aced it. Missed by one question.

By the way she glared at me (they gave her a waiver to join) and the way the recruiter acted I should have known better than to enlist. But, I thought it was an honorable thing to do so I did.

I eventually paid myself for the degree I wanted. I agree. This girl should quit, get her GED and tell the school to stuff it. With her responsibility she clealy qualifies for becoming an emancipated minor.

She could have dropped out and been legally free of this judge's lunacy.

To drop out would negate all her hard work. Staying, she is in line most probably for a decent scholarship to college and with her drive, she needs that college to really achieve a good life for her and her sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Tired of Lies View Post
    I agree. I quit HS a few weeks into 10th grade after an argument in history class with an ignorant teacher. I had read the entire text book and it was evident she hadn't. An early liberal under Carter.

My parents said I had to do something so I went to haircutting school. Graduated and decided to join the AF. Recruiter wouldn't pay attention to me because a female had to score super high on the ASVAB to enlist with a GED and I didn't even have that yet. So I went and took it cold and passed. Took the ASVAB with a female college graduate that cried all the way home in the recruiters car. He had such high hopes for her. She failed it miserably and I almost aced it. Missed by one question.

By the way she glared at me (they gave her a waiver to join) and the way the recruiter acted I should have known better than to enlist. But, I thought it was an honorable thing to do so I did.

I eventually paid myself for the degree I wanted. I agree. This girl should quit, get her GED and tell the school to stuff it. With her responsibility she clealy qualifies for becoming an emancipated minor.
    That is roughly the same path I took. The Airforce didn't like that I had a GED but the Army was more then happy to take me after seeing my ASVAB scores. Twelve years later I am doing better then most of the people that I went to school with and put up with its foolishness to graduate and get the coveted "High School Diploma".

Today prospective Employers see my DD214's and College and don't really pay attention to the "GED" on my application. In general I make anywhere from 30-40 grand more a year if not more then most of the people I still talk to that I went to school with.

my guess, given the fact that she is taking AP courses, is that she is going for a full academic ride at a better college.. things like just getting your GED, or even this arrest, can SEVERELY hamper those efforts..

i really dont mean to make her out to be a academic snob, but quitting school and going to community college would be taking a huge step back for this young lady (not to mention the fact that she would probably have to go in debt taking that route).. she would appear to be already on a much higher road than that..

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    my guess, given the fact that she is taking AP courses, is that she is going for a full academic ride at a better college.. things like just getting your GED, or even this arrest, can SEVERELY hamper those efforts..

i really dont mean to make her out to be a academic snob, but quitting school and going to community college would be taking a huge step back for this young lady (not to mention the fact that she would probably have to go in debt taking that route).. she would appear to be already on a much higher road than that..
    Very true. Didn't consider that.

Creepy Old Man who despises young people.

Not surprising when one admits the fact that the vast majority of young people are Slaves, bought and sold, traded like cheap commodities decades ago.

More proof that most "schools" are more or less indoctrination centers that mimic work camps, sort of like a "free range" herd surrounded by an electric fence.

Free range for now.

His words:

Judge Lanny Moriarty ordered the exhausted student to pay a $100 fine and spend 24 hours in jail as a lesson.

'If you let one run loose, what are you gonna' do with the rest of 'em? Let them go too?' asked Judge Moriarty.

He had warned her last month to stop missing her classes.

Quote Originally Posted by moonarch View Post
    Creepy Old Man who despises young people.

Not surprising when one admits the fact that the vast majority of young people are Slaves, bought and sold, traded like cheap commodities decades ago.

More proof that most "schools" are more or less indoctrination centers that mimic work camps, sort of like a "free range" herd surrounded by an electric fence.

Free range for now.

His words:

Judge Lanny Moriarty ordered the exhausted student to pay a $100 fine and spend 24 hours in jail as a lesson.

'If you let one run loose, what are you gonna' do with the rest of 'em? Let them go too?' asked Judge Moriarty.

He had warned her last month to stop missing her classes.
    She will need to endure. At some later time when Judge Lanny comes into her court and is under her authority Judge Lanny will remember and discover karma is a bitch. Her court will be the bank, or the nursing home or what ever whose services are needed by Judge Lanny.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.