Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Honor student placed in jail for tardiness and truancy at school

Dilligaf - au contraire mon ami.

The way they work it, is there are 4 English credits required to graduate. It is very difficult to take Senior English in summer school, because students who flunked the course are given priority over kids trying to graduate early. Thereby, filling up all the slots.

*I* had 32 credits going into my senior year. Only 18 were required to graduate.

Want to guess what course I needed?

Earl

She has received over 50k in donations already last time I checked. This will allow her to stop working two jobs and concentrate on school.
    http://www.goldtrac.com
    Track live gains on your gold and silver.

sunny225 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rontran View Post
    She has received over 50k in donations already last time I checked. This will allow her to stop working two jobs and concentrate on school.

That is great news!

just to echo what Earl Sinclair has commented on: when i was in 8th grade, i was placed in an accelerated math program. at the beginning of my junior year, i was told that i couldn't take my last math course required to graduate until i was a senior, by the same school district that had placed me in accelerated studies. the only reason given for not being allowed to take the last course: only seniors were allowed. unspoken: they wanted the credit for having one more butt in a seat for a whole extra year, for lack of one lousy credit. i dropped out, took my GED, with the school protesting loudly that i was throwing my life away, and went to college. since i got my college degree, i have never once been asked in the last 20 years about my high school diploma/GED. (except to confirm to the Army that i indeed had one)
    "i'm from the government and i'm here to help...now spread 'em"

Private schools are no better. Same BS only on a higher level. BTDT. My sister was at a Lutheran school and finished all her required coursework 2 years early at 15 with a 4.0. She was accepted to an excellent college. 40 years ago, they required a diploma. The school refused to give it to her because she hadn't satisfied their residency requirement. It took the personal intervention of the president of the college to get her diploma.
    She went on to finish the 5-year coop program in accounting in 3 years, with a double major in music, graduating magna cum laude. She missed summa because she got a B in a PE class.
    The whole system is BS. My youngest just graduated from an Ivy last weekend after being homeschooled through high school.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    That is great news!
    There will be a silver lining in this - this pegs her as having a killer work ethic, something which is missing in all too many. She'll have no problems getting hired because of this.

The judge on the other hand, well, now everyone knows precisely what he is.

Your "Rule of Law". You can end this madness. The issue is the judicial system is loosing Control and they don’t like it. That’s what this is about.
    Our system bangs the drum for more cops, more prosecutors, more judges
    More military equipment, more tax payers money to perpetuate the brotherhood. That’s why the entire system has been acting like common thugs.
    The cops who arrest you, work for the STATE, the prosecutors who prosecute you, work for the STATE, the attorney who represents you, is licensed by the STATE, the judge who oversees the court room, works for the STATE.

It's not called the "JUST US" system for nothing...

They all work for the same boss = the STATE - and it's in their best interest to nail the citizens to the wall. It secures their very being.

Remember this...it is IMPOSSIBLE for someone to "SERVE" you, while they simultaneously "POLICE" you.

Quote Originally Posted by Homeward View Post
    There will be a silver lining in this - this pegs her as having a killer work ethic, something which is missing in all too many. She'll have no problems getting hired because of this.

The judge on the other hand, well, now everyone knows precisely what he is.

Top Down~Punish the Producers and the Rightous
    Anyone run a BG Check on the Judge?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Top Down~Punish the Producers and the Rightous
    Anyone run a BG Check on the Judge?
    UK news (as usual) has more info than the US MSM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti....html?ITO=1490

The comments are pretty much hitting the nail on the head.

Anybody know why the older brother hasnt helped out?This is a wonderful girl taking care of the fam and where is the brothers responsibility in this? I know he is in college but why isnt he helping or why hasnt he told he that he can handle his own expenses.
    Silver lining.She is seventeen. This should be sealed on her 18th birthday.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
    ― John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States