View Poll Results: Are you Really Preparing

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I spend every spare penny spare time on projects and prep. I am almost complete with my goal.

20 29.41%
  • I have some things done but long way to go.Can't commit 100% to the goal

17 25.00%
  • I have some things done. Some preps bought but a long way to go

23 33.82%
  • I have some thing done. I have physical/money limitations and can't find anyone to help me.

9 13.24%
  • No, I don't believe in prepping- it's a waste of time or money

2 2.94%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Are you really preparing?

Default Poll: Are you really preparing?

We are all members here at Housewolf's place I assume because we see what is coming. We are the aware. Everyday more are becoming aware. Prepping is in suddennly.

Are you part of the fad or a serious prepper? Do you skip dinner in a restaurant in order to put some extra cans of food away? Do you have garden seeds heirloom or otherwise so several years of hard times?

Do you spend your weekends or time off doing prepping projects or do you give lip service to doing something "in the future". Is it because you are procratinating, lazy, or on the fence if TSWHTF?

To keep the answers honest I will try to phrase the questions to answer by poll in case you don't want to elaborate under your name.

I had to REALLY edit your poll questions- they are limited to 100 characters. (they also were um,.. rather... editorial in nature!

I also added #5...

You might want to post your original questions so people can see where you were coming from

Summerthyme

Sorry Summerthyme I deleted it before I saw your response. Basically I am curious if you are already prepped and ready for whatever comes your way or if not is it because you can't bring yourself to being 100% committed, can't for a limitation either physical or financial and can't find help, or if you don't prep is your spouse/family not behind you and either not cooperative or maybe even sabaotaging your efforts.

I am assuming we all see what is coming. If you are not actively prepping I'd am curious as to why?

My biggest problem is location. We are in a suburban location with our parents and kids/grandkids in the area. I can't really say I'm in good shape without relocating the whole clan.

There is a big gap between #1 and #2.

we homestead.. i dont consider that prepping.. although it all goes pretty much hand in hand..

Prepparing?
    For What?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    There is a big gap between #1 and #2.
    Wow my internet is really off today. Just typed a long anser only to have it go zap!

I know there is a big gap but there is a big gap between people too. I have one friend from Alaska that is super prepped. She is the ward cannery organizer and has been storing food for her whole adult life. Is like Summerthyme...an amazing walking encyclopedia on everything needed for a self-sufficeint life. Her husband guides and hunts and fishes and she dehydrates and cans everything. They could feed a small army for months.

Another friend has a nerve disease and is very limited to what she can do. She organizes her husband and adult sons to do projects everytime she can. She designed an amazing chicken coop based on her ability to collect eggs and ease of cleaning and had her sons build it. One son is mentally disabled and she has taught him how to care for the livestock. He is very proud of his job. And, she finds the ability to share with others in need. I really admire her courage and heart.

Members here have projects going on we are trying to help with. Under the theory that time is short and many hands make light work as much as we can get done the better.

Prior to Y2k (a set date) I met many people who claimed to be prepping. In those infant years of the net we got together some of us and in real life the comparison was amazing. All over the spectrum. All different reasons.

YMMV...I am curious how many are getting ready and if why not...why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Prepparing?
    For What?

Take your pick. Wars, rumors of wars, famine, draught, depression, loss of work, inflation, invasion, Obama being relected.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    we homestead.. i dont consider that prepping.. although it all goes pretty much hand in hand..
    I think we're more in this category than any of the other answers in the poll. We first started seeing disaster on the horizon about 1988. Since then, we have mainly either been living in a bus or camper traveling the country trying to warn others to get right with God, or living in a homestead situation. Much of the time we've been homesteading we were living off-the-grid, although we're not right now.

None of the answers on the poll fit us. We are more mentally and spiritually prepared, I guess, than we are physically prepared. Main reason is we've been unemployed or underemployed for the past 4 years, which limits our resources. We don't eat out, because we can't afford it. Can't plant a large garden where we are because the topsoil is too thin. I have a small garden up next to the house. But we have some really good dairy goats, livestock guardian dogs, and chickens, which I see as a major "prep." Animals reproduce.

Dh buys and sells guns and radios. He's good at that, and it brings in a little side income. It also means that most of the time we have guns and radios....although not all the time.

I also have maybe 2 months' food stored (if we ration it). The only alternate sources of water we have are a wet-weather pond and buckets under the downspouts of the house.

As I said above, we've lived off the grid before, and we're presently working toward getting there again. But as far as "prepping" in your terminology -- buying up guns and ammo, years' supply of MREs, etc., we don't do that.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20