Exclamation Breaking! Saudi calls for buffer zone in Syria

This breaking on twitter from NBC News
    Richard Engel‏@richardengelnbc
    Saudi Arabia calls for buffer zone in #Syria

Expand Collapse

This is a big dot-stay tuned!
    My website http://www.endgamebeginningofww3.com/
    For all your latest Mideast News

That's fine. Let the Saudis set up the buffer zone. It isn't like the US hasn't sold them enough toys over the years to do the job.

We need to stay out of that mess entirely.
    Last edited by jmthomas; 06-10-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Grammer
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19 , 1775.

Agreed, but sadly it won't happen, we'll be knee deep in that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by jmthomas View Post
    That's fine. Let the Saudis set up the buffer zone. It isn't like the US hasn't sold them enough toys over the years to do the job.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan

How can Obobo say NO to the King of Saud when he bowed before him like a vassle?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by jmthomas View Post

Agreed. Wonder if we will, though? Lots of schucks in Washington...

Can someone please tell me why we cant send our guys over there to surround Syria, face out and prevent outside influences from interfering in that mess. Let the syrians fight it out themselves and thats it. Blast the hell out of anyone trying to interfere.Aside from that, we undertake zero offensive operations.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
    ― John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States

I want it to spill over into Turkey, and if Egypt/Iran gets involved so much the better
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    I want it to spill over into Turkey, and if Egypt/Iran gets involved so much the better
    It will; just a matter of when.

why would you want those other nations drawn in? Let the syrians exterminate themselves and treat every other nation the same way. when they implode we cut them off and they can do the syria dance.

“There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution.”
    ― John Adams, The Works Of John Adams, Second President Of The United States

Quote Originally Posted by jonlambert73 View Post
    Can someone please tell me why we cant send our guys over there to surround Syria, face out and prevent outside influences from interfering in that mess. Let the syrians fight it out themselves and thats it. Blast the hell out of anyone trying to interfere.Aside from that, we undertake zero offensive operations.
    Cause its the US/Europe facilitating this war in Syria, just like Libya...