Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama Heckled By Daily Caller Reporter During Immigration Speech In Rose Garden

Default Obama Heckled By Daily Caller Reporter During Immigration Speech In Rose Garden

In what may be a first for the White House Rose Garden, President Obama was heckled by a reporter during his speech on immigration Friday.
    Obama made the speech hours after his administration announced that the U.S. would stop deporting some young illegal immigrants.
    The heckler, who challenged the president about how unemployed Americans could be affected, visibly upset the president, who said: "This is the right thing to do for the American people."
    When interrupted by the heckler again, Obama got heated, saying: "It's not time for questions, not while I'm speaking," and "I didn't ask for an argument."
    Before walking out of the Rose Garden, the heckler yelled out that he was an immigrant himself.
    According to Talking Points Memo's Brian Beutler, the heckler has identified himself as Neil Munro, a White House reporter at the conservative news site the [COLOR=#005497 !important][COLOR=#005497 !important]Daily [COLOR=#005497 !important]Caller[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
    Munro's Twitter bio reads, in part: "Born Irish, then became a Cold War bridegroom."
    Update, 2:59 p.m.:
    Daily Caller founder Tucker Carlson says White House Press Secretary Jay Carney has emailed him asking to talk, the Washington Post's David Nakamura reports.
    Update, 3:12 p.m.:
    The Daily Caller tweets:
    The Daily Caller@DailyCaller

We are very proud of, @NeilMunroDC for doing his job

15 Jun 12

Update, 3:45 p.m.:
    The Daily Caller has several statements up on its site on "the exchange" in the Rose Garden.
    Neil Munro said he went to the White House with questions and had "no intention of interrupting the president." Munro says Obama "turned his back" on reporters after finishing the speech.
    Tucker Carlson said "a reporter's job is to ask questions and get answers."

Default +

That reporter? GOOD FOR HIM!

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...in-rose-garden--

It is worth going to the site to read the comments......

Neil Munro has my admiration today. I'd like to buy the man a Bushmills!

Quote Originally Posted by WTHay View Post
    http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/was...in-rose-garden--

It is worth going to the site to read the comments......
    usnews says it's a bad link.

well dang....

let me find the link - it was on my twitter feed from Drudge

Here is the link directly to The Daily Caller - there are 750 comments so far....

http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/st...e-rose-garden/

Default here it is...

"Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever ...."

Thomas Jefferson

Statements from the Editor and Publisher of The Daily Caller:

Tucker Carlson, Editor-in-Chief: “I don’t remember Diane Sawyer scolding her colleague Sam Donaldson for heckling President Reagan. And she shouldn’t have. A reporter’s job is to ask questions and get answers. Our job is to find out what the federal government is up to. Politicians often don’t want to tell us. A good reporter gets the story. We’re proud of Neil Munro.”
    Neil Patel, Publisher: “The President today announced a very controversial policy and does not want to answer tough questions about it. Neil Munro is a veteran Washington reporter who today tried his best to time his question to be first as the President was wrapping up his remarks. He in no way meant to heckle the President of the United States.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/st...#ixzz1xtbdm600

I love it!

We need more of this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to the police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

You have been banned for the following reason:
    continued trolling after warning- starting a fight in a news thread