Thread: Too Hot To Turn on the Oven Recipes - Cold Meal Recipes/Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's one of the great things about pressure canning meats. Open a jar, slice or shred it and have an instant sandwich. or stuff to throw in/on a salad. or put some on a tortilla for a wrap. or microwave it a minute to have hot.

I also like cold Chunky Soup or cold canned baked beans. And would a can of tomato soup made with cold water be considered gazpacho? How about a can of sardines on crackers. Apple quarters dipped in peanut butter. A can of diced tomatoes is good cold - throw in some diced bell pepper, onion and cucumber.

I too, would recommend something in the crock pot. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what I'm going to do today myself. I found a yummy looking pork roast on sale for 3.50$ (!).....will be great in the crock pot.

tomato, feta cheese, some onion if you like, a splash of red wine vinegar and some pepper . Stuff into a pita.

There's also that cold ramen noodle and cabbage salad you could make. Recipes are all over the internet. Throw in some canned or rotisserie chicken to round out.