Thread: Too Hot To Turn on the Oven Recipes - Cold Meal Recipes/Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Try Near East Taboule. I love that and it gets better each day in the fridge. My hubby doesn't like veggies, so I have to wait for company to make this recipe. It is worth the wait tho'.

I don't do heat well an after a long day in it cooking at night is the last thing I'm motivated to do. That said we would damp off a towel , hang it an let the fan blow to cool the bedroom at least. A friend of mine and his wife would keep clean pillowcases in the freezer ready for bedtime.

For meals I did my cooking pre-dawn. Tater Salad, make sandwich wraps for the family to grab, chopped veggies and fruit for dipping. We make a Tuna salad I learned from another friend. It doesn't go bad in the heat an despite first looks tastes fantastic.

Tuna Salad-

Boil up some elbow mac, drain in cold water, toss in bowl. Dump in a can of cream of mushroom soup, or more depending on how big a batch, same for tuna. Add 1 bag frozen baby peas then season with some garlic salt and pepper. Mix and chill, altho it's good warm too.

Cause there is no mayo in it it's safer for carrying to summer gatherings. It's cheap it's easy.