Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KFC Copycat Fried Chicken: Better Than the Colonel’s

Yeah, it was most tasty. I polished off the last two pieces for lunch today. Still moist and juicy.
    I think I may mess around with some of the seasonings a bit.... I think the onion powder is a good idea, and for some reason I keep thinking 'celery salt'.... or maybe powdered dried celery flakes... that sounds better.

@Drive... I have a pressure cooker that I could easily pressure fry in... IIRC that's what the term 'broasting' refers to. Used to be able to get broasted chicken almost anywhere back in the day.... sure was good.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne

Try frying it in lard. That'll make it taste really good.

I'm going to give this recipe a try.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    Try frying it in lard. That'll make it taste really good.

I'm going to give this recipe a try.
    Not halal. Same reasom the big M supper club stopped using lard for fries.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

Thanks for the post. I'll be trying it soon.
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Can the chicken be cooked & then frozen for a later use ? How would you reheat it after freezing so it doesnt get a soggy crust ?
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Denny367 View Post
    Any chance this is the real deal?
    if you look at the recipe, there are 9 herbs and spices, not 11. so this cannot be the real deal. sounds real good though.

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    Can the chicken be cooked & then frozen for a later use ? How would you reheat it after freezing so it doesnt get a soggy crust ?
    All depends on how much trouble you want to go to....

You could freeze it (vacuum sealed would be best), then either slow defrost, or microwave defrost to at least warm it up a bit.
    Then deep fry it to recrisp it back up and heat it through.

I do this now and again with Church's chicken when we get a big order and have some for leftovers. I don't freeze it, because it never lasts that long, but the principle would be the same.

Again... depends on how much trouble you want to go to.
    "I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.
    Thomas Payne