Thread: I just bought one of the new electric pressure cookers

Default I just bought one of the new electric pressure cookers

I bought it due to the fact that things will cook really fast and we have a 20kw generator. So would not have to run the genny very long to cook a pot rst, etc.
    Does any one else have one of these and do you use it a lot. Be interested in hearing your experiences.

Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    I bought it due to the fact that things will cook really fast and we have a 20kw generator. So would not have to run the genny very long to cook a pot rst, etc.
    Does any one else have one of these and do you use it a lot. Be interested in hearing your experiences.

Taz
    I bought one a couple of months ago. I love it .You can about throw away all your pots and pans. steams, cooks rice, stews and works as a slow cooker. Freaky thing is it does buffalo wings in ten minutes-----Starting off with four pounds of FROZEN WINGS-----dump wing sections in --dump in bar-B-Que sauce. Done in ten minutes. Awesome!!!

It will cook a four pound pot roast in 25 minutes.

wow sounds great.... wonder how good it Is at canning.
    momof23goats

Quote Originally Posted by momof23goats View Post
    wow sounds great.... wonder how good it Is at canning.
    Seems to do great. Only drawback is it holds 7 pints, but if you use quarts you have to put them on their side. No big deal since there is only DH and I and I never put up quarts of anything.

Which one did you get, Taz?
    Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

We bought one for the same reasons. Awesome piece of equipment. Have used it for pork and beef roasts, breaded pork chops, pulled pork. Have purchased ribs to try next week. Looking to do beef Stroganoff lots of stuff. Our's only uses 1000 watts so we can run it with our Honda EU 2000 and save running a larger genny.
    We can put a 4# roast in it and be sitting at the table eating 1 hour later. Our Pot needs 45 minutes to do a roast, 25 min may leave it a bit rare for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaslil View Post
    Seems to do great. Only drawback is it holds 7 pints, but if you use quarts you have to put them on their side. No big deal since there is only DH and I and I never put up quarts of anything.
    just me now so that will work great.
    momof23goats