Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge seals 'batman' shooting case

Default Judge seals 'batman' shooting case

Geee .. why am I not surprised that the public is now being shut out from all information about this case? Actually, given the absurdity of this 'crime' ... I'd be surprised if it WASNT sealed.

JUDGE SEALS 'BATMAN' SHOOTING CASE

Prosecutors fear public scrutiny could 'jeopardize the ongoing investigation'

An Arapahoe County Court judge has granted a request to seal the case against James Holmes, the 24-year-old shooter who killed 12 and wounded 50 during a screening last night of "The Dark Knight Rises."

The motion, filed in Arapahoe County court, asks for the records in the case to be sealed, including search warrants, affidavits, orders and the "case file."

The District Attorney's affidavit says prosecutors are investigating first-degree murder charges against Holmes, but that disclosure of the court records would be "contrary to public interest" and "could jeopardize the ongoing investigation."
    http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/07...hooter-sealed/

From the OP
    The District Attorney's affidavit says prosecutors are investigating first-degree murder charges against Holmes, but that disclosure of the court records would be "contrary to public interest" and "could jeopardize the ongoing investigation."

What a load of BS, they could have been honest and told us "we'll tell you what you need to know."

Nothing to see here, move along serf.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

What they SHOULD have done in Florida...
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

One potential thinking could be to deny potential copy-catters relevant information... or you know.. that whole conspiracy thing too.
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

There was no tie in to the gooberment in Fla.

WOO-WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    .........against all enemies, foreign and domestic

They seal the records to keep the MSM and other morons from muddying the waters
    which will make it difficult to impossible for an objective and fair court case to
    proceed. This has NOTHING to do with all the conspiracy theory wingnuts who
    think the .gov is controlling EVERYTHING. Sorry but .gov never has been and
    never will be all that competent and efficient at controlling anything. All they are
    decent at is making after the fact use of incidents they had nothing to do with.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by nvscanman View Post
    They seal the records to keep the MSM and other morons from muddying the waters
    which will make it difficult to impossible for an objective and fair court case to
    proceed. This has NOTHING to do with all the conspiracy theory wingnuts who
    think the .gov is controlling EVERYTHING. Sorry but .gov never has been and
    never will be all that competent and efficient at controlling anything. All they are
    decent at is making after the fact use of incidents they had nothing to do with.
    When we say "they," that's a back-hand way of saying the REAL government (aka the puppeteers who are pulling Obama's strings; aka the same ones who pulled W's, Clinton's, GHWB's, etc.). THAT's who we mean when we say "they." And traditionally "THEY" have been VERY efficient. Their seams have begun to show a lot lately, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    When we say "they," that's a back-hand way of saying the REAL government (aka the puppeteers who are pulling Obama's strings; aka the same ones who pulled W's, Clinton's, GHWB's, etc.). THAT's who we mean when we say "they." And traditionally "THEY" have been VERY efficient. Their seams have begun to show a lot lately, though.
    ^^^^ LIKE ^^^^

Doesn't vBulletin have an upgrade for a "Like" button yet ... Think of the bandwith it would save