Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Details of the United Nation’s Creepy, Cult-Like Environmental Religion

Default Weird Details of the United Nation’s Creepy, Cult-Like Environmental Religion

Weird Details of the United Nation’s Creepy, Cult-Like Environmental Religion
    Kelly OConnell
    If the United Nations stands for anything, it is the supposed triumph of mankind’s rational, humanistic mind over the dull biases of the past, especially religious fanaticism—correct? And so who would guess the UN’s most hallowed mission—that of saving the planet—was underwritten by an exposed con artist claiming inspiration from a “burning bush” spurring him to action? In fact, the person most associated with the early green movement is Maurice Strong, chief architect of Agenda 21—a Marxist opportunist scoundrel of the first order.
    It is a simple fact that successful political ideologies all have a structure borrowed from traditional religion. In fact, Carl Schmitt said, “all significant concepts of the modern theory of the state are secularized theological concepts.” So as the UN propagandizes the globe to support its mission, it uses the same logic as the USSR and communist China when banning religion, then presenting Lenin, Stalin and Mao as gods. For as traditional religion is eliminated, the idea of devils, sin and scapegoats cannot be so easily dismissed. An example is the far leftist Club of Rome’s “The First Global Revolution”—which states,

more

Quote Originally Posted by minnie View Post
    successful political ideologies all have a structure borrowed from traditional religion
    No reason to mess with what works. Religions evolved through hundreds of thousands of years, giving mental patterns that best resonate in people's heads. Steal the pattern and insert your message. It's like finding a blank billboard.

the UN has done such a bang up job when it comes to peacekeeping,i can't wait to see their take on creating a new god.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythebee View Post
    the UN has done such a bang up job when it comes to peacekeeping,i can't wait to see their take on creating a new god.
    "I tried to think of the most harmless thing...something that could never, ever possibly destroy us....Mr. Stay Puft!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-sALU_hveA
    Only a brave person is willing honestly to admit, and fearlessly to face, what a sincere and logical mind discovers.
    -- Rodan of Alexandria

And a expensive money pit too. Evict them.

Satan's busy at work, what else is new?

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

I was doing fine untill I read this part:

The Earth Charter contains these chapters:
    I. RESPECT AND CARE FOR THE COMMUNITY OF LIFE; II. ECOLOGICAL INTEGRITY; III. SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE; IV. DEMOCRACY, NONVIOLENCE, AND PEACE.
    The subheadings are quite revealing as to the tenor of the entire Charter. The text reveals a poisonous bias against capitalism and humanity itself. In other words, it’s pure Marxism. For example, here are a few excerpts…
    5. Protect and restore the integrity of Earth’s ecological systems, with special concern for biological diversity and the natural processes that sustain life.
    a. Adopt at all levels sustainable development plans and regulations that make environmental conservation and rehabilitation integral to all development initiatives.
    6. Prevent harm as the best method of environmental protection and, when knowledge is limited, apply a precautionary approach….
    a. Take action to avoid the possibility of serious or irreversible environmental harm even when scientific knowledge is incomplete or inconclusive.
    9. Eradicate poverty as an ethical, social, and environmental imperative.
    14. Integrate into formal education and life-long learning the knowledge, values, and skills needed for a sustainable way of life.
    16. Promote a culture of tolerance, nonviolence, and peace.

All this sounds like what Christians should do.

I suppose, for those who believe the earth to be their permanent home this all makes a bit of sense. I'm just passing through however. Hope you are too.
    "The employment of the piano is forbidden in church, as is also that of noisy frivolous instruments such as drums, cymbals, bells and the like." St. Pius X

Quote Originally Posted by snewbie View Post
    [/INDENT]The subheadings are quite revealing as to the tenor of the entire Charter. The text reveals a poisonous bias against capitalism and humanity itself. In other words, it’s pure Marxism. For example, here are a few excerpts…
    5. Protect and restore the integrity of Earth’s ecological systems, with special concern for biological diversity and the natural processes that sustain life.
    a. Adopt at all levels sustainable development plans and regulations that make environmental conservation and rehabilitation integral to all development initiatives.
    6. Prevent harm as the best method of environmental protection and, when knowledge is limited, apply a precautionary approach….
    a. Take action to avoid the possibility of serious or irreversible environmental harm even when scientific knowledge is incomplete or inconclusive.
    9. Eradicate poverty as an ethical, social, and environmental imperative.
    14. Integrate into formal education and life-long learning the knowledge, values, and skills needed for a sustainable way of life.
    16. Promote a culture of tolerance, nonviolence, and peace.
    What is it you find poisonous about that? Perhaps this would suit you better:

"Ignore biological diversity, wherever possible disrupt natural processes that sustain life, encourage chaotic and unplanned growth in all directions. Encourage environmental harm and destruction. Ignore warnings of damage unless proof is sufficient to make true believers of even the the most die-hard skeptic. Scorn the poor and disadvantaged, and leave no safety net for the unlucky. Encourage them to kill each other off, removing excess population and relieving society of their burden."

I find nothing poisonous in the statement you quoted. I'm aware that many with an agenda will use well-intended statements like that as cover for bureaucratic thuggery. Companies with profit in mind will use statements like that as cover for rapacious dealings and economic mayhem.

The statements sound pretty good to me. Unfortunately, no one lives up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    What is it you find poisonous about that? Perhaps this would suit you better:
    "Ignore biological diversity, wherever possible disrupt natural processes that sustain life, encourage chaotic and unplanned growth in all directions. Encourage environmental harm and destruction. Ignore warnings of damage unless proof is sufficient to make true believers of even the the most die-hard skeptic. Scorn the poor and disadvantaged, and leave no safety net for the unlucky. Encourage them to kill each other off, removing excess population and relieving society of their burden."
    I find nothing poisonous in the statement you quoted. I'm aware that many with an agenda will use well-intended statements like that as cover for bureaucratic thuggery. Companies with profit in mind will use statements like that as cover for rapacious dealings and economic mayhem.

The statements sound pretty good to me. Unfortunately, no one lives up to them.

I was trying to see if anyone could tell me why those statements were poisonous since I too agreed with you.