Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Is All the Ammo Being Bought by Gov?

Quote Originally Posted by nframe View Post
    I guess it depends on your # of shooters and how much you practice, now wouldn't it. This is getting worked into a froth over nothing, and it makes all of us look like Dale Gribble. There are things to be paranoid over this isn't one of them.
    Let us all hope you are correct in your assumptions.

The govt. is broke. Quit spending. When I am broke, I can't go to the range and blow all my stash, but they can "practice" 50,000 rounds each? Quit spending, period. I bet it is easy to shoot that much, when no money leaves your pocket. What are you practicing so much for, if everything is so happy, happy, joy, joy, as the media is reporting. Charge every one of them $1 a round, from their own pocket, and the taxpayers want gold or silver, no funny money that is worthless.LOL

As has been mentioned, it is simply Gun Control by---ironically enough-Capitalism. They have created a demand so large that it will reduce availability and have driven up prices beyond us serf's ability to acquire it. Buy all you can now.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within"[ Will Durant

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

What I want to know is, when did the Social Security Administration first begin to consider training its representatives on a shooting range standard operating procedure?
    ~ grower

Social Security Administration on Ammo Buy: 589 Bullets Per Agent Is Normal
    By Penny Starr
    August 17, 2012
    CNSNews.com) – Tracy Lynge, deputy assistant inspector general with the Social Security Administration’s Office of Inspector General, said the order for 174,000 rounds of hollow point bullets is normal for the agency to use in training its 295 special agents and arming them as law enforcement personnel deployed in 66 offices around the country.
    The Social Security Administration (SSA) posted a "Request for Quote for Ammunition" on the FedBizOps.gov website on Aug. 7. The request listed the bullets that SSA wanted as ".357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point pistol ammunition." The quantity listed was "174 TH." (See SSA order.pdf)
    More:
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/soci...s-agent-normal
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Buying all this ammo is one thing, using it is something entirely different.Using it on the american ppl will be their death sentence. You see, when it comes down to the nut cutting, and they start flinging hot lead our way, and see their partners with gun shots between their running lights, then we will see who has the balls. You see these old boys is raised on shotguns, hehe, hell my son has been shooting weapons since he was 2 and is a crack shot. So all I got to say is , HOW"S YOUR LUCK RUNNING.

If things collapse, one of the first things to go will be the "just in time" delivery system. It appears that DHS is trying to outrun this potential delivery system problem and get their items "delivered" prior to things falling apart.

Just like precious metals... If you don't have it in your possession then you don't have it.

With that in mind, I still find it over the top to purchase the amount of ammunition that has been reported in such a short time frame. I know of very few agencies that "practice" with hollow point ammunition and the excuses given are just lame.

They "know" why they are ordering this stuff in the quantities that are being reported and the reason for "immediate if not sooner" delivery dates... they're just not telling us the real reason for doing so.

First it was the massive amount of "long term storage food" purchased several months back (attributed to the New Madrid fault going at any time), now its ammo. Sounds like DHS has the "prepper" mindset. They've got two of the three "B's" down... just haven't seen the massive purchase of Bibles (or bandaids for the secular among us) yet.
    Last edited by EMICT; 08-20-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: 'spellin'

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    589 Bullets Per Agent Is Normal
    Hopefully this is because they're such crappy shooters.
    Know what I mean?
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

My son who was in Iraq said they were not allowed to use hollow points over there, so the GC part is probably true.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeCMom View Post
    My son who was in Iraq said they were not allowed to use hollow points over there, so the GC part is probably true.
    Military can't use HPs but gov't agents and law enforcement are not bound by the Geneva Convention.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Validation on the G.C. part?
    OT ammo was cleared by JAG 12 years ago: www.dtic.mil/ndia/2012armaments/Parks.pdf