Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about buying Chicken from the store

My beautiful daughter raises chickens on her farm. (she eats eggs...no meat) She will not sell any chicken to anyone for fear they will be killed. She doesn't live near us so I can't get eggs from her, but her hubby sells them to his co-workers for $2.00 per dozen every week. Under what it costs them to feed the chicks but she likes being able to give them fresh eggs and it helps to feed them. She lets them free range during the day, but they have to be inside before dark in their warm beds. She is such a golden heart. Store purchased eggs often make me sick after eating them so she told me to buy them from a local grower. That is very hard to do here but I do buy only veg. fed free range at the store. $3.69 a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    Hubby once took me to a very fancy resteraunt (sp?) when we were fairly young, and I ordered trout. Well, out it came being served by a very well dress waiter, he placed it on the table in front of me and of course, the head was still on with one eye looking up at me. I couldn't help it but I asked him to take it back and take the head off. I thought my hubby was going to croak laughing.
    Last time I was served a head-on fish, the eye was looking at my DH. He finally got creeped out enough to ask me to turn the fish around.

I just stared back at it . . .

All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

Love it Cyberiot. Glad someone else freaks out about it too.
    Last edited by Animal Lover; 09-05-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Cannot spell :-)