Thread: Forest near Fukushima nuclear plant turning into high-radiation jungle

Default Forest near Fukushima nuclear plant turning into high-radiation jungle

Forest near Fukushima nuclear plant turning into high-radiation jungle

A forest area near the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant is covered in a jungle of weeds, burying a forest of cedar saplings, in the Fukushima Prefecture town of Okuma. (Mainichi)
    拡大写真

Forcing his way through the bush near the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant on Aug. 9, Kimio Akimoto, head of the Futaba regional forestry cooperative, surveyed a rough mountainside.
    "If degrading of the mountain progresses, a natural disaster will certainly occur," he says.

The forest in Okuma, Fukushima Prefecture, contaminated with radiation from the Fukushima nuclear disaster, has become overgrown with weeds. Unless the prefecture's forests are decontaminated, it will become impossible to maintain the mountains within a 20 kilometer radius of the damaged nuclear plant on a long-term basis.

Dressed in a radiation suit, Akimoto struggled to find a privately owned forest that the forestry cooperative is in charge of looking after.
    "It should be around here somewhere," he murmured.
    Cedar saplings were planted on a slope in the area in neat rows, but the mountainside has since turned into a jungle of weeds that stand taller than he does.

The saplings are about 80 centimeters tall. But they are covered by Canada goldenrod plants and ferns, and the trees are growing more slowly than normal. Hardly any sunlight reaches the saplings, and their trunks are thin.
    "If the undergrowth isn't removed for another two years, the saplings will choke and die," he says.
    Undergrowth needs to be cleared away from cedar and cypress saplings once a year for five years after they are planted; otherwise weeds will steal their sunlight and they will wither.

More:
    http://mainichi.jp/english/english/f...na015000c.html
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]."
    [Daniel 12:10b]

The undergrowth has created a vast and out of control population of vary large wild boars. The place is fast becoming a go to place to hunt the largest wild boars europe has ever seen.
    As a side, if you ask a Ukrainian or older Russian what caused the failure, they will flat out tell you it was taken down by Nato operatives to disable the 'WoodPecker' system that is just a mere 12km from the plant.
    In fact they were built as a system, the power plant was built to supply energy for the radar and sound wave manipulator,,WoodPecker it is very large.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQfzUHeH4Eg

This video shows its current state.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    The undergrowth has created a vast and out of control population of vary large wild boars. The place is fast becoming a go to place to hunt the largest wild boars europe has ever seen.
    As a side, if you ask a Ukrainian or older Russian what caused the failure, they will flat out tell you it was taken down by Nato operatives to disable the 'WoodPecker' system that is just a mere 12km from the plant.
    In fact they were built as a system, the power plant was built to supply energy for the radar and sound wave manipulator,,WoodPecker it is very large.

Err... Fukishima and Chernobyl are two very different things. I doubt there has been a wild boar in Japan for several centuries. And, the "Quality Russian Engineering" combined with classic communist safety procedures, is more than enough explanation for Chernobyl going boom.

Ah, but we thought nuclear power is a cheap energy solution.

Guess we thought wrong when you add up the true cost. Let's add Chernobyl to the list.

Imagine if the entire state of New York or half of Texas became a nuclear disaster. Of course, such a thing could never happen in the USA now, could it?

Seems worth the risk to me as long as I am saving 2$ a month on my utility bill now.
    All Men Are Free Men by Right of Birth
    AllFreeMen

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Err... Fukishima and Chernobyl are two very different things. I doubt there has been a wild boar in Japan for several centuries. And, the "Quality Russian Engineering" combined with classic communist safety procedures, is more than enough explanation for Chernobyl going boom.
    Lol,,, I must be pretty pumped up up about this winters boar hunting!
    But yes the same has happend at Chernobyl,,lol.
    Not to drift, but its common perception that Chernobyl was taken down by sabotage, just not in the states.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post

Oh, nice. A Russian Alex Jones and Watson.

"I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."