Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Customer Deposits Are Property of the Bank: Close Your Account NOW

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
    LOLOL!!!!

You guys are SOOOOO funny.

Oh wait.

Are you being serious?

FDIC is based on a gamble that no more than 1/4 of ONE percent of American depositors will ever need their deposit covered.

And that was a statistic that I heard about 30 years ago when I was slightly involved in the world of mortgage finance.

I'm sure that the FDIC, like everything the government fiddles with, is now simply JUNK.

Godwit is Godwit and most certainly not "you guys". No offense meant, Godwit.

Quote Originally Posted by snewbie View Post
    Godwit is Godwit and most certainly not "you guys". No offense meant, Godwit.
    None taken. The point that I was trying to make is that FDIC had no role in protecting or not protecting the folks who lost money, as described in the OP. The firms that did the bad deeds were not banks.

Quote Originally Posted by TomNTam View Post
    The FDIC is like everything else that the govt. has touched, And hence, how could they ever cover all the deposits in the banks across the nation, when they don't even have enough to cover 1 of the five major banks closing. This is end game times, but most will listen to the people touting, all is well. FDIC is another sick joke, and has as much chance of covering your account during a collapse as the Congress that stole all the social security fund, and replaced them with IOUs, paying that back. Happy days, right.

And people wonder why Romney has his money in swiss bank accounts, which are backed by gold???
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

To date....the private funds being used as collateral for bad investments were funds
    that were placed in investment instruments at a brokerage. Not money deposited into
    a bank savings or checking account. There is a difference. Now.....having said that,
    just because a judge has not to date allowed a bank to take money from a personal
    checking or savings account to satisfy an obligation or a debt that the owner of said
    account has no relation to does not mean such a thing could not happen and could not
    be held legal by a black robed pirate. Just because it hasn't happened yet does not
    mean it won't happen soon. The goal of the powerful few who pull the strings on
    Wall St and in big banking is to acquire ALL of the wealth...EVERYWHERE. That means
    that money an ordinary person has deposited into a bank or CU is fair game to them.
    If they can find a way to steal and make it look legit or buy off a judge to let them steal it they will.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MidnightTide Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    Applies to brokers, in certain types of transactions, not banks. Bank deposits are still protected by FDIC.
    I can say I am a unicorn that farts rainbows, but doesn't mean it is true. The same goes for the Federal Insurance, it is all based on perceptions. If there is a run on the banks, you can be sure the government does not have the ability to cover bank deposits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    The stated Goal of Occupy/SEIU in 2010 or 2011 was to get PPL to close thier accounts and cancel credit cards so that Capitalists would suffer
    The funny thing about TPTB, they are running things in both camps. They are leaving nothing to chance. Take out your money, system collapses - leave your money in, they will crash the system.

Quote Originally Posted by nvscanman View Post
    To date....the private funds being used as collateral for bad investments were funds
    that were placed in investment instruments at a brokerage. Not money deposited into
    a bank savings or checking account. There is a difference. Now.....having said that,
    just because a judge has not to date allowed a bank to take money from a personal
    checking or savings account to satisfy an obligation or a debt that the owner of said
    account has no relation to does not mean such a thing could not happen and could not
    be held legal by a black robed pirate. Just because it hasn't happened yet does not
    mean it won't happen soon. The goal of the powerful few who pull the strings on
    Wall St and in big banking is to acquire ALL of the wealth...EVERYWHERE. That means
    that money an ordinary person has deposited into a bank or CU is fair game to them.
    If they can find a way to steal and make it look legit or buy off a judge to let them steal it they will.

^^^This^^^

As with most everything else these days: If you don't physically have it, you may never get it.
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by mg View Post
    The FDIC has been out of money for years.

People are getting a few hundred dollars a month on the loss of insured deposits.

My bank told me this (although I already knew it) when they tried to get me to put the proceeds from the sale of my house in their securities subsidiary. Don't make me laugh, I said.

Anybody else hear anything similar to this?

Current U.S. debt is approximately <$15,984,331,758,000> (http://www.usdebtclock.org/)

Just for the sake of discussion, let's say a cataclysmic failure of U.S. banks were to occurr. What previously undisclosed, untouched, reserve of cash does the FDIC tap to fulfill that insurance?
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    Current U.S. debt is approximately <$15,984,331,758,000> (http://www.usdebtclock.org/)

Just for the sake of discussion, let's say a cataclysmic failure of U.S. banks were to occurr. What previously undisclosed, untouched, reserve of cash does the FDIC tap to fulfill that insurance?
    Well.....when you are helicopter ben and turbo timmy you have the power of
    the treasury at your beck and call. In the old days they would fire up
    the printing presses and create the $$$$ needed. Nowdays....just log into
    the treasury's version of Quicken and add a couple zeros to the bank balance.

Debt is not an issue when you can create money on a whim......at least it's
    not an issue till people refuse to honor your fiat currency because it's been
    turned into goat turds.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post

Bits and bytes and a cashless society. . . . .
    It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. - Charles A. Beard

In this day and age, the only path of honor for a patriot IS to become a traitor. - Miradus
    [/SIZE]