Arkansas
Hawaii
Louisiana
Missippi
Nevada
New Mexico
Oklahoma
South Dakota

In the following states there are Sore-Loser Laws (which means if a candidate was on the ballot for a primary in that state, then they can't run under another party or as an independent)
Georgia
Illinois
Indiana
North Carolina
South Carolina
Missouri
Oregon
Washington

In the following states the candidates must file (and some of these states also have Sore Loser Laws)
Alaska
Arizona
Colorado
Connecticut
Florida
Idaho
Kentucky
Kansas
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
Montana
Michigan
Nebraska
Ohio
Rhode Island
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Virginia
West Virginia
Wyoming

So only in the following States can the vote write-in any name they want, and their votes will be counted
Alabama
California
Delaware
Iowa
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Vermont
Wisconsin

So this is a sad message to Ron Paul supporters. If you were to write him in. His name will only be counted in a total of 9 states, without him filing as an independent. And even if he does file as an independent, at least 8 states have sore loser laws.

So we can stick to principle and write him in but most state's won't count his name.

Our options now become

A.Fall under Mitt Romney and stay with the Republican Party, knowing full well that some people will just never want to change the Republican Party.

B. Vote Third Party, but we will get blamed by the losing party

or

C. (One i'm definitely NOT doing but, I have heard some people talk about, I disagree with those people though) Vote for Obama to piss of the RNC. I mean some people actually think this will force the RNC to change, no it will actually ensure the RNC will never listen to us again.

So not only election day will be a catch-22, but whoever wins will be a catch-22.

Now check your home state laws....