Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please share your recipes

I'm in the middle of my marathon 132 hours straight for the job so I will not be blazing ahead for a few days.
    Very preliminarily, I envision several books. Until I get them compiled in one spot, won't know the exact direction.

Maybe also keep in mind more recipes like BOB posted - using food storage items and also consider fixing "meals" having to use alternative cooking methods - no power available for those crockpots so how to fix that dish in a Dutch Oven on a wood stove or open fire? Even a solar oven maybe? Not sure which direction the cookbooks are aiming at yet. Maybe not the direction at all, but who knows at this point in the beginning. Think adventure!
    This is an excellent idea.

Also, if you happen to make some of the things you submit, a picture would be great.

Thanks everyone who has submitted.
    Keep them coming
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

I'll try to re-do the basic bread theme and add my campfire and cast iron pot versions as well...with modifications for home ground wheat.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Update.
    Goatlady and I have exchanged some emails and are getting a beginning.

This project will take a little time but not an eternity.
    Will update with anything significant
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner

a few of my favorite recipes have come from already published cookbooks and I have no idea which ones I got them from anymore, is there any issue with adding those?

Carla"s Apple Pie

1 unbaked pie crust
    6 cups peeled sliced apples
    2 heaping TBLS corn starch
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    scant 1/4 tsp ginger

mix apples, sugar, starch, and spices and set aside while making topping.

Topping
    3/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    6 TBLS softened butter

mix till crumbly, works best with your hands.

Pour apple mixture into pie crust and cover all aples with topping. Bake @ 425 for 50 minutes. I set a sheet of tinfoil over the whole pie after 30 minutes to keep it from browning too much.

I have to check.
    I seem to recall that ingredients can't be copyrighted but there is something.
    I'll have to get back to you with a definitive answer

Julius Caesar

Bill Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    Slow Cooker Brisket
    Brisket
    1 can of 'jellied' cranberry sauce
    1 packet onion soup

Slice the jellied cranberry sauce about 1/2 inch, lay half on the bottom of the slow cooker, add the brisket and the place the other cranberry slices on top of the brisket.

Pour the onion soup on top.

Set the slow cooker on low and walk away until the following day.
    So easy even a Bear can do it!

do you pour the packet of soup over it dry.......?

t.ia.......
    For in much wisdom is much grief; and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow..............Ecclesiastes 1:18

LORD please forgive us our unkind, unloving ways.........ALL OF US..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LraOiHUltak