Thread: The Best, Three Ingredient Cookie ever!!!

Default The Best, Three Ingredient Cookie ever!!!

I saw a recipe last week called "Nutella Cookies" and after I saw the ingredient list I just HAD to try them! ( any recipe that has Nutella in it couldn't be half bad either ). Yep...theres not much to them! After reading some comments online from others who've tried the basic recipe and then offered a couple of their tips, I actually adjusted the batch I just made as well, and they came out GREAT! Not too sweet, and a little gooey inside too!

The original recipe:

1 C Nutella
    1C flour
    1 egg

Mix all together, roll into balls then flatten slightly when placed on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 7-20 minutes.

Here is how I made them:

1 C Nutella
    1C flour
    1 egg
    3/4 stick butter, melted
    3/4 c sugar

Baked them for 10-11 minutes. At first they seem like they're never going to set up and will be a horrible floppy, mess. But I made 3 to test first, then found out they need a good 10 minutes if you want them to come off of the cookie sheet in one piece. But don't go over 11 minutes either!

Simply awesome and SO EASY!! Nutella isn't something I normally keep around but I happened to have a jar hubby brought home several months ago during oone of his late night, sweet-tooth grocery runs....lol! Since there was 99% of the jar left I just went ahead and used it up....

Enjoy!

Oh!! p.s.- You can also add cinnamon, or other spices, and maybe nuts if you'd like, I guess? I think they would be pretty if you dusted powdered sugar on 'em once they've cooled, too. (Next time I'm adding a good measure of cinnamon)
    Pray hard, do your best,
    God will handle all the rest.

Sounds very good and yummy to me.

of course, i wouldn't have one of the three ingredients.

Now, what can I use to replace that ingredient and still make cookies tonight....
    http://paganpreppers.webs.com - Now With Forum!

http://www.cafepress.com/personalriot - T-Shirts for TEOTWAWKI

Default Here is another one I stumbled upon:

This one works well and can be used however your imagination takes you..the combination possibilities are endless!..I tried it Sunday and they turned out prett...y darned good:

I box cake mix (your choice)
    1 large egg
    1 8oz cream cheese, softened
    1 stick butter, softened
    Any "add-in" you might like, such as choc chips, nuts, white choc, etc...

Cream the wet ingredients, and slowly add in the cake mix. It will be stiff, but a sticky batter. Spoon onto cookie sheet and slightly flatten with your hand or bottom of a glass (they won't spread, so FYI-you really have to do this step!)

Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Voila! I used a butter cake mix with white choc chips...they taste like Paula Deens's "Ooey-Gooey Butter Cake" recipe. Next I'm going to try the German Choc mix I've had stuck in my pantry with dark chips and nuts....the list is endless, and even though we all know scratch is best, this is perfect for a last minute cookie craving, or a way to use up cake mixes in a different way. You can really taste the cream cheese, too..oh!.... once you see them start to turn gold/very light brown-Take Them Out!

**Now I would like to take just a minute and bragg on myself...a little while ago I may have made my BEST APPLE PIE ever, with MY BEST, flakiest, crust ever!! It was almost too pretty to eat,,,husband came in and said, 'wow...that looks like the prettiest pie you've ever made! Good job, honey!....is it cooled off yet?'..(LOL) I just wanted to tell you all about it. Nothing like a crust and filling that comes out so good!!
    Pray hard, do your best,

I have been doing this for years, take any cake mix, put in bowl, add just enough water to get a nice cookie batter, now drop by the spoon ful , they do raise and spread. I also sprinkle the top with sugar.

the mix its self, contains fats, so i don't add any. you don't need eggs, for making cookies, these are wonderful soft, and go fast around here. people like them big. the chocolate are wonderful for sure. you can frost if wanted.

also I get the mixes when on sale. keep in the freezer, all mixes just like the cake mixes, will go rancid because of the fats, in the mix.

I bake all mycakies from scratch, but my mom had a couple, so they came here. I decided I was going to try it. they are good, add any thing you want to them. carrot cake mix is great, then make cream cheese frosting. yummmmmmmmmmmmm!
    momof23goats

Default You know what, mom??...

I have about 10-15 cake mixes in storage that have been there at least 2-3 years ....darnit I didn't think to rotate them out! Do you think they've gone rancid?? I was buying them up when on sale for a 1$ thinking they would be good in a pinch for my preps (even though I rarely make a cake, I tend towards pies or cookies. or quick sweet breads).

A couple of them are carrot/spice mixes, so maybe I should use them this season. I did find a recipe using 1 can of pumpkin with a spice cake mix (or butter) that nakes yummy muffins for Thanksgiving, supposedly loweer in cal and fat. It works wonderfully that way, too.

Thanks for your recipe thoughts and the "heads up"...
    Pray hard, do your best,

Tried the nutella cookie recipe with the addition of a little sugar (1 C Nutella, 1C flour, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar) - turned out great.

Tried the cake mix recipe - added coconut and white choc chips - tasted just like coconut cake. My dad loved them!!

Thanks!!!

At a potluck once and someone had taken a package of refrigerator crescent rolls and filled them with Nutella. Pretty easy-just unroll from the container, spread the Nutella, roll as usual and bake. Sort of a poor man's chocolate croissant....sort of
    Nutella is expensive! There are recipes online to make a homemade version-also can be made with other nuts and cocoa.

http://www.reclaimingprovincial.com/...emade-nutella/

Quote Originally Posted by nilla View Post
    Tried the nutella cookie recipe with the addition of a little sugar (1 C Nutella, 1C flour, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar) - turned out great.

Tried the cake mix recipe - added coconut and white choc chips - tasted just like coconut cake. My dad loved them!!

Thanks!!!
    Glad to hear it ...its always nice when someone else has good results to a posted recipe!
    Pray hard, do your best,

Quote Originally Posted by roamal View Post
    At a potluck once and someone had taken a package of refrigerator crescent rolls and filled them with Nutella. Pretty easy-just unroll from the container, spread the Nutella, roll as usual and bake. Sort of a poor man's chocolate croissant....sort of
    Nutella is expensive! There are recipes online to make a homemade version-also can be made with other nuts and cocoa.

http://www.reclaimingprovincial.com/...emade-nutella/
    Now THAT sounds good, too! Nutells is very expensive, but some of the other brands have came out with thier own versions. I saw some the other day and can't remember who, now....sheesh! Dementia strikes again!
    Pray hard, do your best,