Thread: It takes a cat…

Lightbulb It takes a cat…

to figure that out!

A cat and her puppies!

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

That big old fat cat has been around a while.
    They watch us....
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Our Forest Cat can do this, so we put a door knob on the door and he almost has that figured out now. He's got the twist part, but hasn't quite figured out how far to twist, we'll know he's figured it out when a bunch of small cats are in the laundry area and the Woolamute is going nuts!
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Prolly can't train to shut the blasted door though!
    Stupid cat.

Quote Originally Posted by timbo View Post
    Prolly can't train to shut the blasted door though!
    Stupid cat.
    No....not stupid. It's a cat. It's just like a democrat. Cats only
    show interest in what's important to them. Closing a door isn't
    important so they can't be bothered.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL! Nope, you'll never train one to shut a door behind them!

My 6 month old English Shepherd pup, Dixie, will now close the kitchen door on command. I'm hoping she figures out that it's "what comes next" after she opens it (using the doorknob) and comes in on her own!

She's the second ES we've had who learned how to let themselves in the house. Lucky was wonderful- if he did it while no one was in the house, or at night, he'd shut the door behind himself! If we were inside, he'd wait for a command, but he'd always close it.

He also would act as the "butler" (for lack of a better term) when one of the housecats wanted to come inside. Even if he didn't want in... he'd bark at the door, then step back and allow whichever cat had apparently requested his services as a doorbell to enter! (We didn't always let the cats in when they scratched or rang a bell we mounted at knee height- if we were busy or figured the weather was good, we'd leave them out. That was when they devised the "dog doorbell", because we always let the dog in when he wanted in... They aren't stupid!)

Summerthyme

We have a cat and they take a VERY long time examining how something works...

VERY long time... looking over something.