Thread: 11/6 MARKET WATCH -- Election Day

Arrow 11/6 MARKET WATCH -- Election Day

Early numbers:

Dow +55

Nasdaq +4

S&P +5

Gold +10

Oil +1
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

A rally may be taking shape:

Dow +89
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

They fed the Monkees ballots.

WHo knew that ballots were like crack to pump monkees....
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

The markets are predicting a Romney win. If that's the way the day shakes out, those who bought today may be in a very good position to better their economy.

My bets are in.

Jim
    "It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. Keep on thinking free"... -Moody Blues.

"Woe is us who deign to suffer, the silly rantings of some other..." -Turnpike Jim

"I deal with reality as it occurs, everyday...."-Turnpike Jim

Doomed, I say...

Moonshot!

Dow +128, other indices lagging on a percentage basis but still up.

Optimism in the air about something, it appears...

Dow +155 now...

Now +175...

Ya think the street is hearing some sort of news that things may not be going well for 0?
    'You have been warned of what they will do, you have a choice.
    Sit quiet and do nothing, wait until your hands are bound behind your back,
    and you are on your knees in a ditch, begging for your life!
    Or as an American, you had the privilege to be born free,
    If you wish to die free you better get up off your ass and make it happen.
    Stand and fight damn-it, if not these just might be the last words your hear,
    ‘AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar! AllahuAkbar!'

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Ya think the street is hearing some sort of news that things may not be going well for 0?
    Perhaps. It's hard to read. I would argue that the business world would rather not see Obama win. But it's also true that the market likes certainty, not uncertainty.

Either way, it feels like the market is sniffing out a clear winner. But who?

Au $1710.00
    Ag $31.90