Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there an Armory near you

Still not sure what unit this stuff went with or goes with. Most are not marked, 1 is marked NG (guard), and several were marked ESC whatever that is.

sjhenderson,
    Hi Pitt county... which Armory? The one by the GVL airport or the new place on old 11?

Question; New State Militia law?

got a link?
    “...—when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed.”-Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by bagpiper View Post
    sjhenderson,
    Hi Pitt county... which Armory? The one by the GVL airport or the new place on old 11?

Question; New State Militia law?

got a link?
    The new one on old 11.

Link to newest law:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...?Chapter=0127A

I'd go with "returning equipment from outside the US" and a side of "stocking up before fiscal cliff".

Quote Originally Posted by sjhenderson View Post
    The new one on old 11.

Link to newest law:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...?Chapter=0127A
    Wow... I wondered about that... haven't been by there in months, but the last time I was by there it did seem to be getting some use...

Folks, this 'armory' sits out in the middle of NOWHERE... on an old country road...

“...—when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed.”-Ayn Rand

PS: After perusing the new state law, there appears to be no age limit? All 'able bodied' citizens above the age of 17, it doesn't mention male or female, appears to be a member of the 'unorganized militia', under the CIC of the Governor... draftable...

Things that make you go hmmm...

Then, under any future gun control legislation, we, the able bodied citizenry, can claim to be a member of the state militia... and its makes all kinds of sense, if you consider that this would validate Admiral Yamamoto's assertion, that Japan invading America would be a disaster because there would be a 'rifle behind every blade of grass'...

Under that assertion, the true traitors in this country, are the politicians who want the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by bagpiper View Post
    PS: After perusing the new state law, there appears to be no age limit? All 'able bodied' citizens above the age of 17, it doesn't mention male or female, appears to be a member of the 'unorganized militia', under the CIC of the Governor... draftable...

Things that make you go hmmm...

Then, under any future gun control legislation, we, the able bodied citizenry, can claim to be a member of the state militia... and its makes all kinds of sense, if you consider that this would validate Admiral Yamamoto's assertion, that Japan invading America would be a disaster because there would be a 'rifle behind every blade of grass'...

Under that assertion, the true traitors in this country, are the politicians who want the guns.
    Thats kind of been my thought reading the law. That it would be hard to be a part of the State Militia without weapons. Under the law you also have the regular State Militia, and then the NG. As you said anyone over 17 can be conscripted into service and placed under Military Law Rules.

I live in a small town but we have a large armory. It is in the ghetto area of town. Has about 200 soldiers assigned and is an air defense type MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by sjhenderson View Post
    Thats kind of been my thought reading the law. That it would be hard to be a part of the State Militia without weapons. Under the law you also have the regular State Militia, and then the NG. As you said anyone over 17 can be conscripted into service and placed under Military Law Rules.
    Kinda makes sense... I wonder if the Feds understand... or if it matters...

I have a family member and a good friend who are deputies...
    The Feds will get mixed cooperation with 'local yokels'...
    And we will have eyes on the 'inside'.
    They, are 'concerned'... because they both know what would happen if they were ordered to go door to door in a confiscation move...
    They have discussed this, and it appears, there will be many boating accidents, many private sales to parties who have since moved, and, much 'appearance of compliance to orders'... along with a surreptitious accounting of who the good guys are, and who the bad guys are...
    The bad guys, may have some problems... once they are found to be 'traitors'.

One thing is clear, heels are getting dug in, and guns/ammo is disappearing at a rate that makes one wonder if people are scared, or preparing for war...

Oh, didn't I tell you? I sold all of my guns and ammo during the recent panic buying at 600% profit.