Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is there an Armory near you

Quote Originally Posted by sjhenderson View Post
    I don't know why we would be storing armored Humvees or M1117 armored security vehicles for any kind of hurricane relief? Maybe some of the members that would know why could enlighten us.
    You're assuming the units at those armories are there to for humanitarian support.

According the North Carolina National Guard web page, there are seven MAJCOM's within the North Carolina National Guard, one of the commands is the 30th Heavy Battalion Combat Team HQ'd out of Clinton.

Units aren't quartered at one single armory, it's usually a Company/Troop/Battery/Support Battery per armory, the 30th HBCT is spread out over MC and WV.

A Heavy Brigade Combat Team has Infantry, Armor, and Artillery elements...which explains any presence of armored vehicles.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
    Matthew 10:29-31
    --------------------------------
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" - George S. Patton, Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Weps View Post
    You're assuming the units at those armories are there to for humanitarian support.

According the North Carolina National Guard web page, there are seven MAJCOM's within the North Carolina National Guard, one of the commands is the 30th Heavy Battalion Combat Team HQ'd out of Clinton.

Units aren't quartered at one single armory, it's usually a Company/Troop/Battery/Support Battery per armory, the 30th HBCT is spread out over MC and WV.

A Heavy Brigade Combat Team has Infantry, Armor, and Artillery elements...which explains any presence of armored vehicles.
    I understand. I referenced the hurricane as another member had made reference to the equipment may be there for emergency use in situations like a hurricane. I guess it could be if one were to expect to come under enemy fire during relief efforts.

I understand. I referenced the hurricane as another member had made reference to the equipment may be there for emergency use in situations like a hurricane. I guess it could be if one were to expect to come under enemy fire during relief efforts.
    It's an armory...chances are it's going to have...arms in it.

The National Guard has stored vehicles at it's armories since motorized carriages entered military service. Forcing some correlation between your local armory motorpool inventory and some kind of build-up towards martial law, is stretching it.

Of the seven MAJCOM's in the NCANG, three are direct combat arms, two are command/support elements, with the remaining two being support and sustainment. You're going to see tanks, APC's, IFV's, ect... at armories in your area. If it quacks like a duck...

Additionally, with your report of the "build-up" at your armory matches with the 2011 major withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. An influx of vehicles, both armored and soft is expect considering many new vehicle systems came online during Iraq, sent directly from factory to theater.

Where exactly would you expect a National Guard unit to store it's combat vehicles?

This is normal expansion of CONUS equipment inventory post conflict. It's as telling as DODX railcars moving around vehicles.

This is a nothing-burger, now if you see those vehicles and military personnel preforming roadblock operations and neighborhood sweeps...then it's time to start setting hair on fire.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Weps View Post
    It's an armory...chances are it's going to have...arms in it.

The National Guard has stored vehicles at it's armories since motorized carriages entered military service. Forcing some correlation between your local armory motorpool inventory and some kind of build-up towards martial law, is stretching it.

Of the seven MAJCOM's in the NCANG, three are direct combat arms, two are command/support elements, with the remaining two being support and sustainment. You're going to see tanks, APC's, IFV's, ect... at armories in your area. If it quacks like a duck...

Additionally, with your report of the "build-up" at your armory matches with the 2011 major withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. An influx of vehicles, both armored and soft is expect considering many new vehicle systems came online during Iraq, sent directly from factory to theater.

Where exactly would you expect a National Guard unit to store it's combat vehicles?

This is normal expansion of CONUS equipment inventory post conflict. It's as telling as DODX railcars moving around vehicles.

This is a nothing-burger, now if you see those vehicles and military personnel preforming roadblock operations and neighborhood sweeps...then it's time to start setting hair on fire.
    I set my hair on fire this morning but it was raining when I ran out so it went out. Read the first post. I am just curious if this is normal. I have also stated that the time to worry was if it emptied out. I would also think that if it was NG gear that there would be more than just the one of them marked NG? Could be a slack unit and they have just not marked them though. Heres a question that relates to this and other threads.

Why is it that so many members feel the need to make SA comments on pretty much every topic or members posts? I would think that we would be glad to look at all information and reports and decide as adults whether or not to read it or move on without trying to make ourselves feel better by demeaning others?

I set my hair on fire this morning but it was raining when I ran out so it went out. Read the first post. I am just curious if this is normal. I have also stated that the time to worry was if it emptied out. I would also think that if it was NG gear that there would be more than just the one of them marked NG? Could be a slack unit and they have just not marked them though. Heres a question that relates to this and other threads.

Why is it that so many members feel the need to make SA comments on pretty much every topic or members posts? I would think that we would be glad to look at all information and reports and decide as adults whether or not to read it or move on without trying to make ourselves feel better by demeaning others?
    It is normal, what you're seeing is an influx of equipment returning from the Mid-East.

As far as it emptying out at some point, it could be simple FTX or reorganization of unit inventory. You'd know Martial Law was in effect before that armory was emptied for use.

In regard to the unit ID, Not all vehicles marked with unit identification. Vehicles get moved to theater with the CARC Wooland paint scheme and are painted over with CARC Tan. Some aren't even repainted, they just are left in Woodland scheme. If you were a NG unit that returned for Iraq as part of the withdrawal, your last concern upon coming home would be to remark your track or wheels. The singular vehicle that is mark could have been used in a parade or local fair as an attraction/recruiting aid/public relations and it was primed and marked to provide a presentable display.

Yes, I purposely was crass, but it got your attention. I can understand curiosity, but to just grab an assumption based on a guess and run with it is bad. You excite others that are just as curious or unknowing, which can cause undue panic and upset.

It's the Internet, egos flair, feels get hurt...they're words on a screen. Best action is to take it as constructive criticism and not waste your time concerned about what other people on the Internet think or say on a personal level.

Agreed, one reason I don't post much anymore. Too many have this problem with reading comprehension, unless, its their own writing, and impressing upon us their own superior knowledge... but the search for truth?

I agree with weps summation of the situation as accurate, the question being, WHY are they distributing this equipment out in the middle of nowhere, instead of these big wide open army bases where there are plenty of personnel to maintain and guard them. Because they are being redistributed to NG outfits, or back into reserve outfits? State militias? or... for a more nefarious plan? I prefer to think the military I ETS'd out of, is still the same, but I'm not a fool either.

Some years ago, there were reports of officers being moved around, with implied 'loyalty' problems, then reports of enlisted being asked if they would follow orders to kill civilians with indications of whole units rebelling... I treat all these 'reports' with a grain of salt, until... something comes along to prove there might be some substance to them. Like recent reports of TSA going to go out 'on the roads', where would they get massive quantities of 'equipment' on short notice?

If I run up on a road block in the near future, with armored humvees and black suits with TSA badges wanting to 'touch my junk', then, we are going to flip a switch... I won't be able to stop myself, I already know it... there will be a situation, that will cause me to 'put my boots back on', and as an old vietnam vet, I don't remember anybody unoathing me. So whether its "your papers please" or registrations/confiscations, I'm afraid those JBT's are going to be in for a nasty surprise, since the law of the land, makes them the Traitors and playing defense is a losing game.

At this point, I put nothing past this 'administration'... <spit>.
    “...—when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed.”-Ayn Rand