Thread: God Guns and Liberty

Default God Guns and Liberty

I had not heard of Pastor Mick Hoggard until last night. Today I listened to the first part of God, Guns and Liberty.

It is very refreshing to hear a Pastor give clear concise Constitutional and Biblical backed understanding on the right to bare arms. There is no ranting or raving in his deliverance, just calm instruction to the people of the legality and need for arms.

Oh yes, he and his wife both carry.

http://mikehoggard.com/ go to Watchman video broadcast 12-23-12 God Guns and Liberty pt 1

That's ok. We have been taught for so long that the Bible is just words and incredibly useless because it is contradictory or flawed being that it was written by man. Most don't understand (aside from the religious aspect) the significance of the Bible to their rights, and freedom. I doubt when the Bible is outlawed that not even then will they realize it's importance and place in history nor what it truly conveyed.

"Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and what is God's unto God. So few hear and so few see....
    A person always honors and obeys that which they love. That is truly what's in a person's heart; therefore, what's in the heart is truly who a person is.

True Greed is demanding something you didn't earn.

An object isn't a weapon until a person puts their finger on it. - Quoted from my son age 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Watcher View Post
    That's ok. We have been taught for so long that the Bible is just words and incredibly useless because it is contradictory or flawed being that it was written by man. Most don't understand (aside from the religious aspect) the significance of the Bible to their rights, and freedom. I doubt when the Bible is outlawed that not even then will they realize it's importance and place in history nor what it truly conveyed.

"Render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and what is God's unto God. So few hear and so few see....
    One believer to another, why do you believe the bible has any bearing upon your earthly rights?

Can you quote any scripture to support this?

Over a third of our bible was written by a man in prison writing to slaves and fugitives. In the few places it speaks of freedom, it is referring to a spiritual freedom from sin, not an earthly freedom from government.

I require no freedom. I have no freedom. am a servant of Christ. If it be God's will that I be in prison then I shall march off to prison under my own steam. If it be to the glory of Christ that I die for him then I will meet that death. There is no freedom. I was a slave to sin, and Christ bought me. Now I belong to Him. I have never been free.