Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skimpy ammo delivery at Wal-Mart

Default Skimpy ammo delivery at Wal-Mart

I live a little over a mile from Wally, which means I have checked on ammo pretty frequently in recent weeks. As you might expect, the shelves are largely empty.

I know the two main sporting goods guys, so I quizzed one of them about the end of ammo sales story/rumor tonight when I grabbed a 15-round box of 20-gauge slugs. He pointed to a flatbed cart and said "That's our ammo shipment for today." There were two cases (a total of 16 25-round boxes) of Winchester 12-gauge bird shot along with the non-gun items.

"We aren't getting any .223, 9mm or .40 caliber - the stuff everyone asks for," the man said. In addition to huge demand and limited supply, I wouldn't be surprised if WM employees were buying at least some of the ammo before it hits the shelves.

The local Walmart has also been out of Ruger 10/22s for several weeks. They've been on order and the employees tell me they are due in any day. I'm thinking about giving them my name so they'll put one on hold for me when they arrive. I'd prefer to hold several models to see how they feel before I buy, but I imagine they'll fly off the shelves as soon as they come in.
    Check out my handcrafted jewelry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lumara
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand

I took a picture inside walmart tonight. The Manager was quite unhappy and told me to scram. But I got my picture showing bare, bare shelves in the gun area. No ammo to speak of and not many guns. Not the kind you can "Feed" with the uncommon ammo.

Me thinks to start a Group and see how many people can take a picture of Walmart's empty gun shelves as they walk by and simply post.

Hundreds of thousands of similar photos from every walmart across the United States will be mute testamony to the failure of a Mega chain to support the Nation and it's Consitution in any meaningful way.

No wonder they wish to hire Veterans... to soothe the pains the People feel when they cannot find anything they wish to exercise hunting, defense or sport in shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Seagull View Post
    I took a picture inside walmart tonight. The Manager was quite unhappy and told me to scram. But I got my picture showing bare, bare shelves in the gun area. No ammo to speak of and not many guns. Not the kind you can "Feed" with the uncommon ammo.

Me thinks to start a Group and see how many people can take a picture of Walmart's empty gun shelves as they walk by and simply post.

Hundreds of thousands of similar photos from every walmart across the United States will be mute testamony to the failure of a Mega chain to support the Nation and it's Consitution in any meaningful way.

No wonder they wish to hire Veterans... to soothe the pains the People feel when they cannot find anything they wish to exercise hunting, defense or sport in shooting.
    Taken Pic's tommorrowww. thats right Tommmoorroww!! will post here! I'm buying all the 7mm and 300 mag. they have
    Chains of habit are too light to be felt, until they are too heavy to be broken

Nothing happens unexpectedly, everything has an indication, we just have to observe the connections." Also... the more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!

what no plus sized deliveries??? Talk about discrimination!

K-
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Demand has far outstipped the supply. If you don't believe it check sites like Aimsurplus.com, Ammoman.com, Ammunitiontogo.com, Cheaperthandirt.com, Midwayusa.com and every other ammo supplier out there. We are witnessing the "just in time" delivery system failing and should probably take note.

What happens when the next failure involves food or other "essential" items (Heaven forbid toilet paper)?

That's the 'real lesson' we should probably be taking from this.

Quote Originally Posted by EMICT View Post
    Demand has far outstipped the supply. If you don't believe it check sites like Aimsurplus.com, Ammoman.com, Ammunitiontogo.com, Cheaperthandirt.com, Midwayusa.com and every other ammo supplier out there. We are witnessing the "just in time" delivery system failing and should probably take note.

What happens when the next failure involves food or other "essential" items (Heaven forbid toilet paper)?

That's the 'real lesson' we should probably be taking from this.
    Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Seagull View Post

I took at picture at the Ft Wright KY walmart on 13Jan13. This is my first attempt at posting a picture.

This was the ammo shelf.

If they outlaw toilet paper, then only toilet paper will have guns...

....wait.. I think I got that mixed up somewhere

How can they stock the shelves, IF THERE IS A NATION-WIDE SHORTAGE!!!!!!!!!
    Come on, people!!!. Try living in the real world for a change........
    There is an ammunition SHORTAGE!!!!!
    NOT just WalMart, but at Academy, Dick's, Sprots Authority, all online vendors!!!!
    Don't blame WalMart.... Blame Obummer, the Muslim In Chief!!!!!!!