Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skimpy ammo delivery at Wal-Mart

HS, great getting the .45 ACP, you are the last of the lot. This is getting crazy! This is even worse than the panic of 08!

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Thanks HS, I really do not go into WM's to buy ammo or much anything else for that matter, so I can not testify to the bare shelves, only what I see at the DC side.
    You wouldn't mean Spring valley now would you? Over by Streator myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TomNTam View Post
    I think Homeland Security should open up the ammo reserves, you know, like when they open the gas reserves during hard times. LOL Open up those ammo bins, cause we need it.
    LOL, They are panicking themselves.........nowhere near enough stock to keep the JBT in ammo.

I checked out the guns at Walmart yesterday, and I'm kicking myself now for not getting that Marlin 60 I saw there last week since it was gone, and their gun selection was paltry.The guy there said they're not receiving any of the guns or ammo they've ordered because shipments have been stopped. I asked to be put on a waiting list for when the gun I'm interested comes in, and he pulled out a notebook with a page completely filled with names already on the waiting list. He put my name at the bottom, but said that everyone else on the list wanted an assault rifle, and that I was the only one wanting a .22, so I'm actually at the top of the list for that. Although I'd like a Ruger, I had him put me down for either a Ruger 10/22 or a Marlin 60, whichever came in first.

I have my fingers crossed now. If I receive word that either of those has arrived, I'll be down there like a shot to get it!
    Check out my handcrafted jewelry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lumara
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand

Just saw 3 Ruger 10/22 in our local want ads. They ranged in price from $275 to $350 but they all had scopes and a 25 round clip so this was an okay deal.

So don't give up on the 10/22. Check the paper.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

A WalMart employee who's a moderator on a firearms website has been working his way up the company information chain. They're having the same re-stocking problem as everybody else. They're working with manufacturers as best they can to continue getting guns and ammo.
    You're from BATFE? Come right in! I use all your fine products!

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat View Post
    A WalMart employee who's a moderator on a firearms website has been working his way up the company information chain. They're having the same re-stocking problem as everybody else. They're working with manufacturers as best they can to continue getting guns and ammo.
    That's a relief. I'm glad it's a restocking problem, and not a company anti-gun policy like some other vendors have recently adopted.

I also put my name on an online vendor's list to be notified when the Ruger or Marlin comes in. Although the delay is frustrating, it was encouraging to see that so many citizens have shown their support for the 2nd Amendment (and contempt for the wannabe dictator-in-chief) by buying out guns and ammo. Take THAT, Obummer, you lowlife POS.
    Check out my handcrafted jewelry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lumara
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand

This excerpt from a guy at the SHOT Show illustrates that WalMart will have as much of a problem as anybody:

"NO ONE has any ammo. If you haven't got it, you're buggered, ESPECIALLY rifle rounds. "SOME" handgun stuff will be available, but forget about any appreciable amounts of rifle ammo in 2013.

AR's are SOLD OUT for 2013. yes, you will see 1-3 rifles here and there, but every manufacturer I talk to is sold out for 2013. In fact, JP Rifles abandoned their booth here, and that was a HUGE statement. They set it up with pictures on the booth wall (and its a BIG booth), put up a small A-frame sign saying they had to stay home to build rifles, and to help yourself to a catalog.

Parts are few and far between. Not much available.

Optics are getting better to get a hold of. EoTech and Trijicon are starting to see small improvements in supply chain.

Magazines don't exist. Period. You will not see magazines for 2013. You may be fortunate enough to see a few here and there, but do NOT depend on it."

Being a certified Olde Phart, I'm reminded of 1946 and automobiles.

(For the younguns: No new cars made and sold to the public after January 1, 1942. The freeze went away after VJ Day in August, 1945. There was the pent-up demand and several years of savings. With rationing, there hadn't been all that much to buy. Had to save; couldn't spend. Millions of people had gone to work at higher wages than in the 1930s. So, everybody wanted a new car. Waiting lists and all that.)
    You're from BATFE? Come right in! I use all your fine products!

Walmart, with all their money could probably lease a ship to deliver ammo from overseas, the problem is obvious, the manufacturers can't keep up with demand.

Ok folks, I just got back from my job at a WM distribution center here in the midwest. Here is what we unloaded today.

TulAmmo: .40 S & W, .380 ACP, .45 AUTO, 9 mm .223 REM, .308.

In our DC we have a really big supply(I'm talking pallets here of REM 20 ga rifled slugs and WIN 20 ga shot. We also have a good supply of Privi in .40 S & W and 9 mm. Also saw .357 MAG and .38 special sitting there, though not too much .44 MAG.

Not much .22 LR to be had(as you probably know).

We do have the usual amount of all the hunting calibers.

Only saw one case(400 rds) of WIN 7.62 x 39 sitting on a pallet, that was it. I hope this helps