Thread: denominatinal fighting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You can't get there via a priest or a catechism. You have to do the hard work yourself...many lose their way, because they don't believe the whole message.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

A bit of personal testimony. I don't consider it pride to say that I'm very good at my trade. Especially tile, stonemasonry and marble work. I'm creative, artistic and physically big and strong enough to work with those heavy mediums. I was very busy and relatively successful at it. My clientelle were millionaires and when they spoke of me they used my first name as a term of local prestige...."yes dear, I had (Reb) custom build the mosaic in my steam shower, then he built the fireplace, put the marble on the floor and custom built the granite counters."...dung like that.

I was busy and in demand and it took all my time and energy. But I love Torah more than that. And I walked away from it to go back to my agragarian roots and spend more time in scripture. Now, I make much less money and do not have the same look of success as before. But my my wife and children, all seven of them (now that sounds catholic eh?), believe passionately save the two who are too very young. I have left all security and authority and popularity behind for Torah... and His word. It has cost me my reputation, my savings, anything I ever defined as security and many friends. And now more than ever, God is bringing hurting, disenchanted people across my path, because I'm available. No militant dominionism, no blog, no microphone....just some vegetables, an old truck and a bible.

Now the easy route is to just accept the canned version of Jesus' gospel...and you can find one on every block...old ones, new ones, red ones, blue ones. But that's all any of them are....Jesus in a can. Come out of your can Fisheater...the Son is shining.

You dis on all the "nobody's". That's me...nobody. Who's the pope...somebody? Yeshua....He's all in all. Seek Him alone. Get rid of all these...distractions.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

1 Corinthians 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 10:3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 peter 2
    4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,
    “Behold, I lay in Zion
    A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
    And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame.”[b]

7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,[c]
    “The stone which the builders rejected
    Has become the chief cornerstone,”[d]

8 and
    “A stone of stumbling
    And a rock of offense.”[e]

They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.
    9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

mmmm perhaps this fits better:

http://www.catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/

I'm more a Baltimore Catechism guy myself....

That and Tridentine/Latin Masses...
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    mmmm perhaps this fits better:

http://www.catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/

I'm more a Baltimore Catechism guy myself....

That and Tridentine/Latin Masses...

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Now truth in advertising requires that I broke in as a Server back when it was ALL in Latin, and some time in the 70's lapsed, went completely unchurched until a friend invited us to "her church". Went REALLY reluctantly the first week, much more willing week 2, and 3, and LEAD the charge week 4 since the pastor was for some curious reason speaking JUST to me, and not REALLY to the couple hundred folks in the church.

9 years later I'm "working" unpaid in the Ministry House Office for the church, assisting the Church Administrator (who is the Kingdom Kids pastor) and wife of our Music Pastor...

I claim I'm riding herd on my 6 pastors, but, well....in my dreams maybe.

My next step is likely going to be either VLI (Vineyard Leadership Institute) or VBI (Vineyard Bible Institute) which is part of the reason my approach doesn't fit/follow EITHER catechism...at least not word for word...

At the Vineyard we tend to pretty much live Acts 2 (and folowing) and work through this model: http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Supe.../dp/0620348143 Note that that is GARY Best not Stewart...

It's an interesting read, regardless of one's traditions, and works on our 5 step prayer model, which leans HARD on Acts, and LISTENING for the Lord...
    We work on the principle that the Gifts of the Spirit (ALL of them) are still available to all Christians (I think in terms of Church Militant) and that they manifest as needed, when we work with the Lord...Been present/part of healings, prophetic warnings, Words, etc...

we manage to make Evangelical and Charismatic work together. In the same room at the same time...

Thus the current end (ok status) of my Walk journey....
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/