Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: denominatinal fighting

Fisheater, re Post 116, getting back to you.

I see no need to say more than: you present a lot of info, hard to decipher what your point is because you present both sides of the issue, from two different authors.

People must study and decide for themselves. Hopefully the information that has been presented on this thread will provide some help.

I know what I believe!
    "When Christ uttered the cry, 'It is finished,' he knew that the battle was won. As a moral conqueror, he planted his banner on the eternal heights. Was there not joy among the angels? Not a son nor a daughter of Adam but could now lay hold on the merits of the spotless son of God, and say: 'Christ has died for me. He is my saviour...'" - Ellen G. White.

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Ref new covenant.

http://bible.cc/mark/14-24.htm

more translations and inter-book links than I want to paste here...

Though the majority of the translations use "for all" which SRONGLY suggests for Gentiles as well...
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Well, not sure if it's profitable to post again, but I said I would and it took me a while to make it back to the thread. Rather than give any specific responses at this point, I think it best to simply post a synopsis of the gospel as spelled out in Torah establish it with the rest of scripture and let everyone do with it what they will.

Genesis:
    In six days YHVH made the entire created order complete. Establishing law, those of nature; a priesthood, Adam; heavenly provision, the garden and the tree of life.

In those six days he also established the principle of all life procreating after its kind and bearing fruit in which lies seed.

Ark; The garden

Exodus:
    At Passover, there is law, the decrees of YHVH spoken by Moses; a priesthood, Moses administering judgement; heavenly provision, the lamb eaten and blood on doorposts.

seed; the line of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob becoming a great nation along with a mixed multitude who follow YHVH and attach their fate to that of Israel.

The ark is the casket(same hebrew word as ark) of Joseph carried out of egypt. Joseph is a type of Messiah...meshiac ben Yosaph

Leviticus:
    In the establishing of the priestly order, we see placed in the ark, the law; Aarons rod (priesthood);manna (heavenly provision)

Seed; the spirit of Yeshua seated on the ark.

Revelation:
    We see the heavenly Jerusalem, the bride(His bride), and in it is no temple, but the Father and the Son are the temple.

The picture is Yeshua Himself with the ark (law, priest, provision). The seed of Abraham present in the bride.

I corinthians:
    We, individually, are temples of the holy spirit. The new covenant written on our hearts as the ark. The seed bearing fruit in our lives.

Mary:
    as a type of ark, the seed in her womb, yet as the meaning of her name (rebellion) indicates, she is representative of the living Torah, priest and bread springing out from a rebellious people, yet still inspiring a heart of love and obedience toward YHVH, meaning that the word entrusted to them who are rebellious is nontheless a living word.

So, the imagery of the ark has always been as the heart of messiah dwelling in His bride, making her pure, clean, sanctified, set apart, a carrier of His seed.

So in partaking of Him, is it in human flesh or blood which is prohibited in torah from eating? or is it an even more real (not allegorical)flesh....that of His fulfilled office, as truth and the origin of all life, the whole of who and what He is? Yes, that's it.

Although we messianic believers are railed agianst as heretical and even apostate, what is it that we advocate that is so different than everyone else? It is a return to the simplicity of the gospel which does not add to or take away. It puts no man, woman, doctrine or institution in position of prophet, priest or king who stands between Messiah and His bride.

"Come out of her my people and share not in her abominations"

For those with an ear.....

Shalom
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post
    What is the New Covenant ....

http://www.catholic.com/node/5330/6607
    Thanks Fisheater, gives me something to listen to.. now if Professor Hahn would ditch the beard! yuck

BTW this has been a fascinating coversation, my thanks to all the polite and thoughtful posters
    ~Kate

Mary is the Mother of Jesus and the Mother of all of us even though it was Christ alone who reposed on her knees… If he is ours, we ought to be in his situation; there where he is, we ought also to be and all that he has ought to be ours, and his mother is also our mother. —Martin Luther, Christmas Sermon, 1529.

It has been an overall friendly discourse.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Yep.

Good thread.

Challenging, informative, edifying, re-affirming, and only a little snarliness, which is somewhat impressive, considering the stakes...
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (died 386)

I don't need edifying, all I want is deamons and room to swing my (assualt mop!)
    (it says so, right here in my card,,,)
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

If anyone needs tons of history on the Catholic Church, then look no further than Chris Pinto.

http://www.noiseofthunder.com/show-downloads/

He has made numerous documentaries on this, and other points of interest as well.
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."