Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: denominatinal fighting

Lightbulb denominatinal fighting

How does an online "church" engage in Baptizing, or distributing donuts and apple juice or ritz crackers and grape juice or whatever it is per their beliefs page?

Inquiring minds.
    ------
    I don't think God is saying anything in those numbers. I think the phone company assigned you a phone number.

But let's play kabbala-lite.

0939: 3 is factor of 9. So we must take away that factor from the 9 to reach 6. This leaves us with 0636. Because there is a 0 in front of the original 9, we discard one of the 3's we have taken which on their own formed 6 as a sum of the added together factors. But what the Lord takes away, the Lord giveth back. We shall employ here the understanding of election per Romans 11. He gives it back to the 3 in front of the 6 as it was taken from the 9 which became 6 from the factor subtracted and discarded it from the 3 taken from the 6 with the 0. We now end up with... oh my, 666.

Let's see if it works with 0848.

0848: 4 is a factor of 8, with its corresponding factor being 2. Since there are 4 digits, we should obviously divide the highest number, 8, by the factor of the number of digits since this is a more perfect understanding of the mythos involved here. This didn't work with the other number because it was already more perfect in its corresponding factors being equal. That leaves us with 2. We must once again subtract that number from the digit 8 to reach 646. Once again, employing the election concept, we discard the 0/2 into the fire and add its elected counterpart to the 4 remaining in front of the 6. Oh. My. This means 666!

Looking at it from another perspective, his equals 21 whereas yours equals 20. Because there are no common factors, the seeming appearance is merely coincidental. Thank Ma Bell.

I reject the kaballa. I only trust in God's Word.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JonHorton View Post
    How does an online "church" engage in Baptizing, or distributing donuts and apple juice or ritz crackers and grape juice or whatever it is per their beliefs page?
    I believe the web site is primarily for mature believers who find themselves without other mature believers with whom to fellowship. A mature believer would more than likely already be baptized. If a mature believer leads someone to faith in Christ Jesus, that mature believer would be responsible for baptizing the new believer....in a creek, river, lake, or bath tub (body of water of their choice). Communion would be enjoyed between two or more believers who are in physical contact with one another, but it doesn't have to be done every week, or even every month. Therefore, if I get together with a few Christian friends, we can partake of the bread and wine together, and remember the sacrifice Christ made on our behalf. If I am not in contact with any other believers on a regular basis, but I go visit -- say -- my sister and her husband, who are believers and live in another state, then we can break out the bread and wine and have communion.

The Christian faith (the true Christian faith, as portrayed in the New Testament) is very flexible, and doesn't need four walls to thrive.
    Last edited by grower; 01-17-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: typo
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    I believe the web site is primarily for mature believers who find themselves without other mature believers with whom to fellowship. A mature believer would more than likely already be baptized. If a mature believer leads someone to faith in Christ Jesus, that mature believer would be responsible for baptizing the new believer....in a creek, river, lake, or bath tub (body of water of their choice). Communion would be enjoyed between two or more believers who are in physical contact with one another, but it doesn't have to be done every week, or even every month. Therefore, if I get together with a few Christian friends, we can partake of the bread and wine together, and remember the sacrifice Christ made on our behalf. If I am not in contact with any other believers on a regular basis, but I go visit -- say -- my sister and her husband, who are believers and live in another state, then we can break out the bread and wine and have communion.

The Christian faith (the true Christian faith, as portrayed in the New Testament) is very flexible, and doesn't need four walls to thrive.
    The Christian Faith, the true one, as portrayed in the New Testament, has a hierarchy. Four walls aren't necessary, but I find it odd one is willing to break so much from the Reformers themselves on need for actual hierarchy. Very Wesleyan, in a sense. I challenge you to show where your idea is shown, this free for all, in Scripture.

Eating bread and drinking grape juice is not Holy Communion if one doesn't believe it to be THE body and THE blood of Jesus. It's a joke of a snack. And in the case of Protestants and any without a valid priesthood, it's really just bread and grape juice or wine.

Here's some quotes from the Church Fathers:
    "They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again." Ignatius of Antioch, Epistle to Smyrnaeans, 7,1 (c. A.D. 110).

"For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Saviour, having been made flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh." Justin Martyr, First Apology, 66 (c. A.D. 110-165).

"[T]he bread over which thanks have been given is the body of their Lord, and the cup His blood..." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, IV:18,4 (c. A.D. 200).
    "He acknowledged the cup (which is a part of the creation) as his own blood, from which he bedews our blood; and the bread (also a part of creation) he affirmed to be his own body, from which he gives increase to our bodies." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, V:2,2 (c. A.D. 200).

"But what consistency is there in those who hold that the bread over which thanks have been given is the Body of their Lord, and the cup His Blood, if they do not acknowledge that He is the Son of the Creator of the world..." Irenaeus, Against Heresies, IV:18, 2 (c. A.D. 200).
    This falls in with St. Paul in Corinthians.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by JonHorton View Post
    The Christian Faith, the true one, as portrayed in the New Testament, has a hierarchy. Four walls aren't necessary, but I find it odd one is willing to break so much from the Reformers themselves on need for actual hierarchy. Very Wesleyan, in a sense. I challenge you to show where your idea is shown, this free for all, in Scripture.

Eating bread and drinking grape juice is not Holy Communion if one doesn't believe it to be THE body and THE blood of Jesus. It's a joke of a snack. And in the case of Protestants and any without a valid priesthood, it's really just bread and grape juice or wine.

Here's some quotes from the Church Fathers:

This falls in with St. Paul in Corinthians.
    Hey buddy, I gave you a very courteous explanation for your rude questions, but I don't appreciate your continued rudeness. I make it a policy not to feed the trolls. You are only the 3rd person I've ever put on IGNORE. Check my join date....that's a very exclusive club. Bye-bye.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Default Agreed...

Hey buddy, I gave you a very courteous explanation for your rude questions, but I don't appreciate your continued rudeness. I make it a policy not to feed the trolls. You are only the 3rd person I've ever put on IGNORE. Check my join date....that's a very exclusive club. Bye-bye.
    When that newbie posted this:

" in the case of Protestants and any without a valid priesthood"

he became forever a "skip past 100% of all his posts, every time, forever hence", at the very least on any remotely theological topic. Anyone who confuses the Church for some manmade organization (all of which eventually pass) as opposed to being the body of genuine believers in Christ (which are guaranteed to abide with Him forever) is completely confused theologically. It's as severe a case as the young woman who told me that she was a "Druid Christian". (When I told her that the Ten Commandments clearly precluded that as a possibility, that she was setting herself outside of Christian faith by ascribing ANY allegiance to another god, she became very unhappy with the conversation.)

You should read his thread on Why ask for prayer request.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sin is not just breaking God’s laws; it is breaking His heart."
    --Pastor Adrian Rogers, Founder of Love Worth Finding ministry

They trolled over the whole Douey Rheims thread and now think they're winning the arguement and have license. Just let them keep burying themselves...it's fun to watch.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Pity, I figured they were legit questions. Please, show me in the Bible where this so-called church's method is found. Laissez-faire Christianity is a modern phenomena.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    When that newbie posted this:

" in the case of Protestants and any without a valid priesthood"

he became forever a "skip past 100% of all his posts, every time, forever hence", at the very least on any remotely theological topic. Anyone who confuses the Church for some manmade organization (all of which eventually pass) as opposed to being the body of genuine believers in Christ (which are guaranteed to abide with Him forever) is completely confused theologically. It's as severe a case as the young woman who told me that she was a "Druid Christian". (When I told her that the Ten Commandments clearly precluded that as a possibility, that she was setting herself outside of Christian faith by ascribing ANY allegiance to another god, she became very unhappy with the conversation.)
    I deal with facts. It is a fact that the Catholic Church is described by many as a man-made institution but has survived 2k years with the same doctrine. It is a fact that the Methodists, for example, do not even remotely resemble Wesleyan Methodism. It is a fact that Lutherans, with some rare exception, do not at all resemble Martin Luther's Lutheranism. Yet, the Church remains true despite every conceivable upset against Her. Ponder that. Men may fall, but the doctrine stays the same. Even Protestant groups which have had groups splinter off have not themselves remained faithful to their original doctrines. Ponder that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    They trolled over the whole Douey Rheims thread and now think they're winning the arguement and have license. Just let them keep burying themselves...it's fun to watch.
    What is it you hate, untruth or being told you're not in possession of the full truth? There is much animosity which springs forth from the woodwork against the Catholic Church, but yet disparate doctrines, disagreements over important aspects of doctrine, etc. do not elicit the same, if any, response.

Is not untruth damaging? Is everything just a free for all with exception to certain doctrinal foundations? Do we ignore the principles of sound engineering because someone has a foundation and calls sand rock? Do we just let them go off the cliff and out to sea?

A peculiar form of charity is being implemented here. In fact, it's soul-murder because it's heresy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    Ha ha ... The Truth always wins Reb ... People just have to hear it ... Or read it ... Heretics have had a long run on this "Christian" Forum .

Other then your theology Reb ...I love ya . Your living my dream.