Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: denominatinal fighting

Cliff Note version .... Jesus Rose on a Sunday .... The Holy Spirit came on a Sunday ...Catholics Worship on Sunday .

Sunday is not the Sabbath .... Sunday is the day we Worship and treat like a Sabbath .

Peter and the Apostle's started it ...they were Catholic ....

For the Son of man is lord of the sabbath.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post
    The Catholic church adopted Sunday as a day of worship, and over time, it took on the characteristics of the Sabbath being a day of rest. The thought that God did not, and does not require any day for Christians does not even enter the mind of a Sabbatarian. The idea of no day being required is absurd in their mind, and is as such dismissed without honest examination. Sabbatarians resorts to black and white logic; an “either / or” thinking where no other possibilities are entertained as possible. They ignore the fact that the old covenant that included the Sabbath that God gave only to Israel ended at Calvary. They ignore the fact that Sabbath keeping command cannot be found in the new covenant.
    where is the new covenant in scripture?
    and who exactly is this new covenant made with?

God has never made a covenant with gentiles. if you are making the case that your church and israel are separate entities, then i think you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wafflehouse View Post

God has never made a covenant with gentiles. if you are making the case that your church and israel are separate entities, then i think you have a problem.
    Really ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post

Sunday is not the Sabbath
    You got that one correct!

Isa 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make stand before Me," declares יהוה, "so your seed and your name shall stand.

Isa 66:23 "And it shall be that from New Moon to New Moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me," declares יהוה.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    You got that one correct!

Isa 66:22 "For as the new heavens and the new earth that I make stand before Me," declares יהוה, "so your seed and your name shall stand.

Isa 66:23 "And it shall be that from New Moon to New Moon, and from Sabbath to Sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before Me," declares יהוה.
    Matt.12

[7] And if you had known what this means, `I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless.
    [8] For the Son of man is lord of the sabbath."

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by wafflehouse View Post

matt 26:28

Mark 14:24.

I'll get back after I go home from work....
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

YHshua/Jesus IS the Lord of the Sabbath...but He never changed YHWH's holy dset aside day.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    YHshua/Jesus IS the Lord of the Sabbath...but He never changed YHWH's holy dset aside day.
    I think He did when He rose on a Sunday instead of Saturday ... Don't you think He would have mentioned what day to worship Him to Peter and the Apostle's ?

But you keep pretending to be Jewish / Hebrew whatever it is ....

Just an Observation .... Back in Jesus day... You had all types of Scripture Scholars who studied the Scriptures for most of their lives and missed seeing Jesus as the Messiah.

Because they misinterpreted the Prophecy's ....

The Holy Spirit gave us the story of the Road to Emmaus .... Were two disciples who were there for all of Jesus teachings still failed to understand .... What did Jesus do ...

Luke24
    [25] And he said to them, "O foolish men, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken!
    [26] Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?"
    [27] And beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

You Rooter's are the same way .... You think you know scripture ...yet you miss everything concerning Christ .

What makes you think you know the OT better then Jews in that time period ?

What is the New Covenant ....

http://www.catholic.com/node/5330/6607