Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: denominatinal fighting

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Hey buddy, I gave you a very courteous explanation for your rude questions, but I don't appreciate your continued rudeness. I make it a policy not to feed the trolls. You are only the 3rd person I've ever put on IGNORE. Check my join date....that's a very exclusive club. Bye-bye.
    Right on, Grower. I find it interesting that you've been a very respected member of TTOL since '08 and have over 12 thousand posts and then this dude comes in in '13 with 32 posts and thinks he can come in with this kind of disrespect? What a tool. He's going on my ignore list too.

I love post count mentalities ....

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheater View Post
    Brilliant...

[quote=JonHorton;2055168]

I deal with facts. It is a fact that the Catholic Church is described by many as a man-made institution but has survived 2k years with the same doctrine. It is a fact that the Methodists, for example, do not even remotely resemble Wesleyan Methodism. It is a fact that Lutherans, with some rare exception, do not at all resemble Martin Luther's Lutheranism. Yet, the Church remains true despite every conceivable upset against Her. Ponder that. Men may fall, but the doctrine stays the same. Even Protestant groups which have had groups splinter off have not themselves remained faithful to their original doctrines. Ponder that.
    Which doctrine of which faction of the catholic church would you have me ponder? Funny how Pharisaical Judaism also makes the claim that their doctrine hasn't changed in millenia, and they claim that their traditions are the true ones. Nor do they admit that their traditions add to or take away from Torah. Yet, historically, the rcc has added many things to its doctrine over the centuries. There seems to be a real parallel here. One priesthood with fading glory in exchange for another one sounds like a raw deal to me.

What is it you hate, untruth or being told you're not in possession of the full truth? There is much animosity which springs forth from the woodwork against the Catholic Church, but yet disparate doctrines, disagreements over important aspects of doctrine, etc. do not elicit the same, if any, response.
    What I hate is any system that attempts to place men between God and His people. All those systems look the same...Pharisaical Judaism, Roman catholicism, Mormonism, SDA, satanism, Islam, even much of the reformed churches, all have a wrong unbilical view of what authority looks like. They all think they should look like the levitical priesthood, and they all claim to have replaced Israel.

It all comes down to which side of Moses one chooses to stand. Go to the foot of Sinai and see what God wanted to establish.

Is not untruth damaging? Is everything just a free for all with exception to certain doctrinal foundations? Do we ignore the principles of sound engineering because someone has a foundation and calls sand rock? Do we just let them go off the cliff and out to sea?
    It is not a free for all, it is for God to determine who and what people he calls His elect. It's funny how the roman church started all this confusion by claiming that Torah was nailed to the cross, effectively taking the foundation out from under the true faith, then it blames every one else for the chaos.

If you want to discuss another group that has existed from the beginning, how about the ones who the roman church has been murdering in mass every time they pop up in history as a cohesive body well into the reformation era.

A peculiar form of charity is being implemented here. In fact, it's soul-murder because it's heresy.
    Heresy takes many forms. A priesthood that denies the word of God to the individual in order to wield authority for itself...that is soul murder.

Ponder that.

[quote]
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Ha ha ... The Truth always wins Reb ... People just have to hear it ... Or read it ... Heretics have had a long run on this "Christian" Forum .

Other then your theology Reb ...I love ya . Your living my dream.
    Well, you still haven't done any heavy lifting yet...just click and pastes, so your truth isn't getting out...but then, there's nothing new under the sun god worship.

If you love me, claiming that your religion has been "laying my kind to rest" is a funny way to express it given the history. On the other hand, I would die for you out of love for Yeshua and for you. That is the difference between your system and mine. One is love, the other is assigned authority. It's all a matter of which side of Moses you choose to stand on.

Btw, I'm living my dream too. Resting in YHVH's created order and watching it grow every day in the garden as well as in mine and my childrens hearts.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

So someone should listen to a Johnny come lately who blows in here, starts trolling threads, calling everyone a heretic and backing up his claims with canned click and pastes? If you understand Yeshua's love, you must see how this is counter productive.

[quote=JonHorton;2055168]Laissez-faire Christianity is a modern phenomena.
    quote]

Just can't resist this one...this may be a modern phenomena, but nimrodic authoritarianism is nothing new at all. The christian version is called Nicolaitanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey Reb View Post
    Well, you still haven't done any heavy lifting yet...just click and pastes, so your truth isn't getting out...but then, there's nothing new under the sun god worship.

If you love me, claiming that your religion has been "laying my kind to rest" is a funny way to express it given the history. On the other hand, I would die for you out of love for Yeshua and for you. That is the difference between your system and mine. One is love, the other is assigned authority. It's all a matter of which side of Moses you choose to stand on.

Btw, I'm living my dream too. Resting in YHVH's created order and watching it grow every day in the garden as well as in mine and my childrens hearts.
    Awww Reb ... I am showing you my love ... I love you enough to try and show you the Truth . Because after years of reading your stuff .... I know in my heart that if you would let your pride down ..research what the Church really teaches ... understand Her Liturgy and how Hebrew we are you would be on fire as our new member of the Tree Jon is.

It is so obvious that so many of you have been taught such lies about the Catholic Church ...

And enough of the click and paste digs .... I am but a humble beat up construction worker / fishing guide .... I can build you a house ... I can help you catch fish ... I am humble enough to know that God has raised up men and woman who are smarter then I ... all of these arguments of the Faith have been argued before ... since the reformation and even before .

The beauty of the Catholic Faith is that it has been defined ... for 2000 years .. Great minds have done the heavy lifting ... All I have to do is read and concur. I do not have to reinvent the wheel .... God saw fit to do that for us .

Awww Reb ... I am showing you my love ... I love you enough to try and show you the Truth . Because after years of reading your stuff .... I know in my heart that if you would let your pride down ..research what the Church really teaches ... understand Her Liturgy and how Hebrew we are you would be on fire as our new member of the Tree Jon is.

It is so obvious that so many of you have been taught such lies about the Catholic Church ...
    Shabat Shalom, Fisheater.

In truth, you really don't know what I agree or disagree with concerning the rcc, because I have not fully addressed those issues here, ever. FYI, there are some things, lots of things that the rcc has right imo. Also, there are things that the reformed denominations have right.

"Hebrew" does not equate to truth, but really, you have not sought to discover what I believe (and I certainly have not expressed it all here) either nor to look at any differing way of looking at other believers or Israel than what the rcc teaches. You see no need because of your presuppositions, and of course, for you, they are correct because the pope and magesterium say so. My interest is not in being hebrew, catholic, a "rooter", messianic or any other label. My interest is in knowing the truth. And what I have found in nearly thirty years of searching is that no institution or systematic theology (including HR/messianic) has a monopoly on truth. Instead, the true church of God cannot find it as effectively due to schism. If you are hebrew in nature, you know the meaning of the beit midrash. God calls His people to drash together in love. It looks much like a civil discussion on a forum like this. Here is a fair description that I found ...http://www.howardmorganministries.or...ings/beit.html

Before you diss on it, consider this. The midrash was suppressed by the time of Christ. The written history of the Jews saw less good fruit coming from midrash as it became more authoritarian in nature. And the ancients came to beleive in Messiah due to it. But as the Sanhedrin et al became more and more corrupted, the drash became a dry river. It followed in the fading glory of Moses and that priesthood and became something exclusive to priests and rabbis.

Recently though, many many Jews, even orthodox are coming to beleive in Yeshua as messiah, because of the drash and His spirit working through it, search for truth between brothers, has begun again.

I submit to you that until Gods people repent from their heirarchical oppresion of one another and schisming around authority figures, there will be nothing but discombobulated beliefs and systems like yours and the reformation which add to and take away from the gospel and produce bad fruit....like the very thread you posted the other day highlighting the problems with catholic morality. Catholics social problems are no different than any other groups. There is something missing in the message, with all of us. "Church militant" is not the answer, nor is any other dominionist approach.

Concerning pride, Fisheater, when you come into the discussion with a bit more humility, then you can address what you perceive as my sin and I'll more willingly lend an ear. You have come into this forum pronouncing others to be unsaved for not being what you are, I have never done anything of the sort....quite the opposite.

Recall what has become my motto of sorts here. I throw institutions under the bus every day of the week (even on shabat), but never an individual. That includes you sir.

Shalom Alechem.
    Last edited by Wiskey Reb; 01-19-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Btw, I can tie a mean fly myself. Salmon, trout, steelhead is what it's about...getting your butt kicked by a fish (I'm the fisheater round these parts).

....and, I'm a tradesman too...trowel trades....Stonework, tile, marble & granite, concrete, brick....you know the rest.