Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: denominatinal fighting

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

mmmm perhaps this fits better:

http://www.catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/

I'm more a Baltimore Catechism guy myself....

That and Tridentine/Latin Masses...
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    mmmm perhaps this fits better:

http://www.catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/

I'm more a Baltimore Catechism guy myself....

That and Tridentine/Latin Masses...

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Now truth in advertising requires that I broke in as a Server back when it was ALL in Latin, and some time in the 70's lapsed, went completely unchurched until a friend invited us to "her church". Went REALLY reluctantly the first week, much more willing week 2, and 3, and LEAD the charge week 4 since the pastor was for some curious reason speaking JUST to me, and not REALLY to the couple hundred folks in the church.

9 years later I'm "working" unpaid in the Ministry House Office for the church, assisting the Church Administrator (who is the Kingdom Kids pastor) and wife of our Music Pastor...

I claim I'm riding herd on my 6 pastors, but, well....in my dreams maybe.

My next step is likely going to be either VLI (Vineyard Leadership Institute) or VBI (Vineyard Bible Institute) which is part of the reason my approach doesn't fit/follow EITHER catechism...at least not word for word...

At the Vineyard we tend to pretty much live Acts 2 (and folowing) and work through this model: http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Supe.../dp/0620348143 Note that that is GARY Best not Stewart...

It's an interesting read, regardless of one's traditions, and works on our 5 step prayer model, which leans HARD on Acts, and LISTENING for the Lord...
    We work on the principle that the Gifts of the Spirit (ALL of them) are still available to all Christians (I think in terms of Church Militant) and that they manifest as needed, when we work with the Lord...Been present/part of healings, prophetic warnings, Words, etc...

we manage to make Evangelical and Charismatic work together. In the same room at the same time...

Thus the current end (ok status) of my Walk journey....
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

night driver's I-garage:

Sooo, the vatican's support for Obama's gun control measures by the vatican chief spokesman.....is that how perfect doctrine plays out in the meat world?
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

Speaking In a Editorial Interview ... His personal opinion ...

LOL.

Really though, that's why the real priesthood has changed to something better. The true priesthood has pureness of heart, their personal opinions do not differ from Torah. This is nothing different than what became of the Aaronic/Levitical order. Their hearts did not follow Torah, and it was manifested as wrong positions and works.

Wrong side of Moses to be standing on....law of sin and death.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

And yet the Torah is mostly about making amends to god, with many imperfect sacrifices until the Perfect Sacrifice comes.. Christianity is about living within and underneath the protection of the Perfect Sacrifice, Christ. All of those laws (Ephesians comes to mind here) and all those little sacrifices have been fulfilled and are no longer of concern as to how one is to live their lives...

A a matter of fact, the Legalism is a LARGE part of what Paul was decrying IN Ephesians.
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

night driver's I-garage:

Jazzy...first I'd like to address your comments on earlier persecutions. You are correct---if your life is on the line or the threat of your family being taken away *you forget all the schisms*. Once again this is what it will all come down to. The Catholic church, protestant denominations, and mega-churches will all walk right into the one world church. The coming persecutions will burn the dross out of His true church. They will only follow His voice and leadings NOT what the Vatican says or protestant headquarters. His believers will have love for one another and seek to pull in all from outer darkness they can. Creeds, dogmas, doctrines, and traditions of men will mean nothing to the true believers. YAHshua's "I am the way, the truth, and the life, will mean EVERYTHING!"

Whiskey Reb...I admire the fact that you let go of a lot of the world's money to spend more time for His word, to lead your family in Torah, and to help others. Your posts are very informative, truthful, and helpful. You have been sent here as a sign post: This is the way---follow. Bless you. Carol

Thanks Carol. I hope not only to express Messiah's words accurately, but also His love.

Concerning you comments to Jazzy, yes this is right. Persecution will drive us all together, then the truth and betrayal of one another will drive us apart. Who will we follow, man or YHVH, that will be the question.