Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know online source for Epi-pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarrow View Post
    I gotta weigh in here. I am a beekeeper and always keep an epipen handy just in case..... I was never sensitive to bees before but, was stung this fall collecting my honey.

Within minutes, I was in big trouble! I was able to grab my epipen but passed out before I could jab myself. I can't imagine being able to draw up the proper amount into a syringe and inject myself in time you get very disoriented! And if you are around others who do not know what to do then the syringe/epinephrine is useless. At least with an epipen you have a fighting chance of making it if there is another person around.

Additionally, I am not sure if the vial needs to be kept refrigerated, epipens do not and are very handy to carry around. If someone is highly allergic, you may not have time to get to the house and grab the vial/syringe.

Anyway, just my two cents worth
    yeah,, as someone who has been into anaphylactic shock 3 times,,i concur..
    nemophilist.

EPI is RX.

We have one but it is from the Drug Store with a doctor's Rx.

Hope we never have to use the stuff. But it is there if time needs to be boughten. If you did deploy it, it is imperative to let the 911 emergency know, then they can hustle because time has been bought and not much more than a hour if that. After that? Death possibly.

Would I sell it? Not for fear of running into laws I know nothing about.

As a side note.

Everything Rx In Arkansas purchased at any time is noted and a database updated, before you made it back to your car with the medicines in hand. Sometimes such real time information was used to intercept illegal drug seekers.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

last time i gave myself two and still wound up in ICU.. thats when i went for allergy treatments.. been over ten years since i stopped the allergy treatments and have been stung several times with nothing more than a normal reaction..

still carry 4 of them all the same.. following this thread for that reason..
    nemophilist.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    last time i gave myself two and still wound up in ICU.. thats when i went for allergy treatments.. been over ten years since i stopped the allergy treatments and have been stung several times with nothing more than a normal reaction..

I have been stung in the past without too much issue, other than seriously losing my temper due to the pain. The worst was when a red hornet got between my spine center and truck seat. It proceed to sting me right there at 95 mph. I thought I was shot. That day is not to be forgotten. And yes in those days dollar trucks were common to keep up with dispatch and their draconian delivery times, laws be damned. Horsepower is king. But that day, there I was essentially unconsious and 30 plus tons aimed by Sir Issac Newton's Laws directly at a unmarked cruiser next to the Monfort lane.

But with the changes going on in the local bees and such I fear that if we got stung now... that epi will be handy.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

If anyone ever finds a good source for an epi pen, send me a pm. (Or a good herbal substitute. ) My allergy to honeybees gets worse every year, and there is only so much that benedryl can do. Last time I went home and lay down, and then found that I didn't have the strength to roll over and dial 911, when my lips lost feeling and my entire body felt like I had been run over by a truck.

But without much $$$ and no insurance, my options are limited. I'm not going to stop harvesting crops off the farm, just because it might kill me. Thankfully I can go years without getting stung by a honeybee. Thank goodness I don't have problems with yellowjackets, they usually get me about 6 times a summer.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post

Good to know it worked. I am now doing those treatments.