Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Stock Market Crash of 1999 repeats in 2013 by John Galt

Arrow The Stock Market Crash of 1999 repeats in 2013 by John Galt

The Stock Market Crash of 1999 repeats in 2013

by John Galt
    February 20, 2013 19:30 ET

Hmmm, heard this before?

(click on the link above to watch the evil Satan, er, Lloyd Blankfein video via CNBC)

Nah, it’s the 1920′s ladies, Kwamer said so:

(click on the link above to watch the hilarious Cramer video via CNBC)

Wait a second. Oil prices going up are bad? Didn’t we hear in 2007 and 2008 that this indicated a bull market was going to extend all the way to Dow 20,000?
    Nah, people are not stupid enough to get washed, laundered, rinsed, and raped again are they?

Ah, uh, yeah, from the New York Times on January 25, 2013:

As Worries Ebb, Small Investors Propel Markets

Been there, done that, seen the sick sorry movie when the .com’s started to fall to hell in a hand basket after the investment banksters raped the stupid “small investors” who thought that the concept of getting 50 lb. bags of Gravy Train shipped to their homes was “brilliant” and a sure fire money maker.

Thus we watched the markets implode and to give one some perspective, here is the chart of the S&P 500 from July 1998 to the end of May 2001 courtesy of StockCharts.com:

Does today’s current market with over 500 days and counting without any significant correction look familiar to anyone?

But don’t look at the numbers, read the headlines and understand that Obama would never lie to the citizens and the stock market will go up forever because the Bernank will print bull-crap until the dollar appears to look like some African banana republic’s paper fiat crappola:

So what happened after the initial crash of 1999 to 2001? Did the markets bounce back and rally up to September 11, 2001 as many “experts” projected after the initial correction?

Uh, no. Here is the chart from December 1, 1999 until September 7, 2001:

The initial 30%+ correction was nasty, sharp, and caught most “small investors” blaming their brokers for ineptitude, fraud, and refusing to answer the phone to desperate retirees convinced that Netscape and other .com ventures would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, go bankrupt and that they were as strong as Apple Computer (Symbol: AAPL).

Since I’ve taken a bite out of the Apple and looked at what the S&P 500 did, why not a quick look at Professor Dollar during the same 1998-2001 time period:

Not saying that this could happen again, but do not be shocked if the USD moves from the 81 level to above 89 in very, very short order, especially if the Middle East blows up with short notice.

Over the next month or two, many of my readers will hear the following:
    “It can’t happen here.”
    “This time it’s different.”
    “The Fed has the stock market’s back.”
    “The economy is so well managed, crashes are rare if not impossible thanks to our modern system of regulation and the Federal Reserve.” (or words to that effect)
    Prepare for the impossible, different, and disastrous as once again the lemming behavior of man, as guided by computer programs that man created, create an untenable market situation that was theoretically never suppose to happen again after 1929; or 1987; or 2008; or 2010…..

I've always wondered what the 1920's and 1930's were like, but I never wanted to see it from the German perspective.....

www.johngaltfla.com

Thanks John, I think.........
    Proud Patriot Guard Rider
    www.patriotguard.org

Short!!

Quote Originally Posted by forfreedom View Post
    Short!!
    Damned straight. 120's look REAL good now.
    I've always wondered what the 1920's and 1930's were like, but I never wanted to see it from the German perspective.....

www.johngaltfla.com

Great article! Tell me this, they said gold went down today because the fed thinks the economy is turning around. So why would Platinum and Paladium drop which acctually rise on good economic news? Why did oil drop? I'm smellin' MSM B.S. on this.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Never claimed nor will ever claim I'm in your prognostication category JohnG.

I'm lucky if I can find my socks in the morning.

But I do observe. Business and people's moods and what goes on in daily life.
    Not good. Maybe people were feeling a little more confident when the idiot in chief finished out his first rendition of destroying our country, but just in a short time, people lost a lot of air out of their balloon.

One, gas prices............way too fast going up. Scares people into inaction.
    Two, food prices..........just plain crazy and so quick as well!

Confidence is on it's way back down again. Might take awhile for that to sink in but it will pave the way for.............what? Well somebody stole my chicken guts so I'm screwed.

Thanks JohnG.

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    Great article! Tell me this, they said gold went down today because the fed thinks the economy is turning around. So why would Platinum and Paladium drop which acctually rise on good economic news? Why did oil drop? I'm smellin' MSM B.S. on this.
    THAT article will be up 0500 in the morning...doing the charts now.

www.johngaltfla.com

This will scare the sheep. With this Depression, the Stock Market should not be where it is at.

It is all about funny money manipulations. If anyone is able to track how much fiat is digitized and its laundering into the system, then they can figure out what the economic impacts will be. Right now we see a monetized federal system that cares nothing for rules, laws, or righteousness. They are working toward their own agenda which quite obviously does not include: free market/ enterprise, liberty, independence.

From this we can figure that their goals include: expansion of government controls, increased restrictions on individuals, and globalization / interdependence.

There is no perpetual free money machine. The monetizing will achieve its purposes and stop.

One other possibility to stop the inflating bubbles: natural calamities. The future is interesting for those who are vested in the future and the interest is increased with uncertainty. We know the direction the cannon is pointing but we don't know if the cannon will blow up.

Thanks John.....sure have missed those charts.