Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It’s on: Air france plane diverted, forced to refuel after russia abruptly closes air

Default It’s on: Air france plane diverted, forced to refuel after russia abruptly closes air

SUMMARY

Hamburg Airport confirmed that the plane landed shortly after 6 am (0500 GMT) and was able to take off for Paris again after an hour and a half.

(ABC News) — Air France says a plane carrying 495 passengers and 22 crew was diverted on its way from Shanghai to Paris after Russia announced at short notice that part of its airspace was closed for a military exercise.

Read more at http://alternative-news.tk/blog/its-...tqR8a3s0W0F.99

If you're able to read this, it's not on yet. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Yeppers
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

No, it's not on YET.

But sooner or later, one of these "provocative acts" is going to go a bit wrong, and piss off some thin skinned, narcissistic world leader, and it WILL be "on".

Summerthyme

C'mon guys. Russia used to shoot airliners down and it wasn't "on".

Please revisit 1950 to 1988 to see what your next 40 years will look like.

That is JMHO.

I wish that was true. But between 1950 and 1988, we had strong leaders- mostly- at the helm, FAR less debt, and we hadn't pissed off nearly ever ally we had!

IMHO, we are closer to a very serious international problem, or massive war, than we have been since the Bay of Pigs... a LONG time ago.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    I wish that was true. But between 1950 and 1988, we had strong leaders- mostly- at the helm, FAR less debt, and we hadn't pissed off nearly ever ally we had!

IMHO, we are closer to a very serious international problem, or massive war, than we have been since the Bay of Pigs... a LONG time ago.

Summerthyme

We have had weak leaders before...Carter, Ford and Johnson come to mind. And, at the end of the day (pun intended) we still have mutually assured destruction that will govern the super-powers' behavior. I'm certain we will still have proxy wars in eastern Europe, the ME and maybe even Taiwan, but I remain unconvinced that we will be going head to head with the Russians or Chinese any time soon.

In fact, I rather enjoy a return to having a "worthy" opponent for a change. It may also force Americans to get serious about their leadership choices again.

Like France has never closed it's airspace to others.

This is just Russia letting others know it has ways to push back without needing to fire a shot.

Wonder what they have planned for the uranium mining in the U.S? Russian companies have the contracts for virtually all the uranium mined in the U.S. and most places around the world.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post

Summerthyme
    This is a sound and thoroughly rational assessment of where we stand - and how things were in the not terribly distant past.

Bold emphasis placed on the key thought here to bring it to the attention of readers.

Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows. - Nietzsche