Thread: Thousands protest NY SAFE Act in Albany

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Thousands protest NY SAFE Act in Albany

Thousands protest NY SAFE Act in Albany

Jim Kenyon
    CNY Central.com
    February 28, 2013
    More than 5,000 NY SAFE Act opponents are lobbying lawmakers and rallying at the Capitol in Albany against measures they say infringe on their constitutional right to bear arms.

The New York Rifle and Pistol Association (NYRPA), the rally organizer, says busloads of demonstrators from more than a dozen counties around the state are scheduled to arrive Thursday morning.
    The NYRPA describes the “5th Annual NYSRPA Lobby Day and Rally” on their website as “a day to lobby the state legislature on gun rights. Call your Assemblyman and State Senator to make an appointment to meet with them in their offices on the 28th. If they refuse show up anyway.”
    Read full article
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]."
    [Daniel 12:10b]

Stand tall my NY brethren. I am with you in spirit.
    When all else fails, I just ask Ms. Oldschool. She knows........

WIFE is that friendly person and fellow partner that is always with you, to help solve all the problems you wouldn't have if you were single.

"more than 5,000".. um, yeah. Right. From the reports I'm hearing, at least DOUBLE that number have shown up to protest. People are NOT happy.

Summerthyme

Yep. I'll bet it's large number. I'll also not be surprised if this story doesn't make the nat'l prime time news this evening.

Ha!! I'll bet it won't even make the Buffalo news tonight... or at least, if it does, it will be HEAVILY slanted towards the "wonderful law that makes us all safer", and "those crazy gun nuts".

They're doing everything possible to make us look like crazies.

Summerthyme

The "crazies" will need to start a recall election if this garbage is allowed to go too far.

I was there and there were at least 10,000 more of my NY brothers and sisters in attendance as well.. I would put the number closer to 12k -14k, but it is hard to say since you could not see the whole crowd at once....that's how big it was.

To my surprise, a good percentage of the crowd were women. I would put it at 25-30% which was a definite increase from the first two rallies.

Agreed Mountainbear...I was happy to see so many women...myself included! I was also happy to see quite a few children!

If my boys were young, we certainly would have brought them. Sadly, they both had other commitments that day...ya know, serving their country, etc., so they were unable to attend.

I was also happy to see the Police force that was present interactling with and chatting with everyone. They seemed very chilled out...I am sure that they realize that with this group there was not any danger of bad behaviour and I got the definate impression that they were all in support of us.

All in all a great day. We got there around 11:00 and stayed till the end at 2:30. So glad that we went!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenspode View Post

I was also happy to see the Police force that was present interactling with and chatting with everyone. They seemed very chilled out...I am sure that they realize that with this group there was not any danger of bad behaviour and I got the definate impression that they were all in support of us.

All in all a great day. We got there around 11:00 and stayed till the end at 2:30. So glad that we went!

I'm glad I was not the only one who thought so. The state police were almost gleeful to be there and I wanted to tell Albany PD to get back to work.... Every time I turned around they were chatting up the protesters and distracting them from the job at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbear View Post
    I'm glad I was not the only one who thought so. The state police were almost gleeful to be there and I wanted to tell Albany PD to get back to work.... Every time I turned around they were chatting up the protesters and distracting them from the job at hand.
    Lol!

We spent quite a few minutes chatting with the Mounted Patrol pictured above. DH was real interested in the Belgians, as we bought him a half Belgian mare last year that I am training as a driving/work horse.

Had to laugh on the drive home....first rest area headed west was FULL of rally attendees, and the next two looked that way as well. The thruway was full of vehicles with all the "right" stickers! Like a giant 2nd Amend. road trip!!

Too bad we didn't arange to all meet up somewhere. Would have been nice to meet other Tree members. Maybe next time!

ETA: My bad....the Mounted Patrol pictures were on TB, not here! I have tons of pictures but don't know how to get them off my camera!