Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thousands protest NY SAFE Act in Albany

I couldn't make it today. So, being ever the globalist entrepreneur, I hired 5 illegal aliens to protest for me. It's all about efficiency! //just kidding

I manned the phones and made calls from 10 am to noon. Excellent turnout. The live feed on ustream was spotty, yet the cheers and chanting really gave me hope that this can be changed.
    http://once4all.wordpress.com/

I reject the left-right lie, and all the faces of tyranny it masks.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    -- Edward R. Murrow

Nehemiah 4:14 (NASB)

14When I saw their fear, I rose and spoke to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people: "(A)Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and (B)fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses."

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

The Utica TV station in their story set it at 10K....
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

I was there and there were at least 10,000 more of my NY brothers and sisters in attendance as well.. I would put the number closer to 12k -14k, but it is hard to say since you could not see the whole crowd at once....that's how big it was.

To my surprise, a good percentage of the crowd were women. I would put it at 25-30% which was a definite increase from the first two rallies.

Agreed Mountainbear...I was happy to see so many women...myself included! I was also happy to see quite a few children!

If my boys were young, we certainly would have brought them. Sadly, they both had other commitments that day...ya know, serving their country, etc., so they were unable to attend.

I was also happy to see the Police force that was present interactling with and chatting with everyone. They seemed very chilled out...I am sure that they realize that with this group there was not any danger of bad behaviour and I got the definate impression that they were all in support of us.

All in all a great day. We got there around 11:00 and stayed till the end at 2:30. So glad that we went!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenspode View Post

I was also happy to see the Police force that was present interactling with and chatting with everyone. They seemed very chilled out...I am sure that they realize that with this group there was not any danger of bad behaviour and I got the definate impression that they were all in support of us.

All in all a great day. We got there around 11:00 and stayed till the end at 2:30. So glad that we went!

I'm glad I was not the only one who thought so. The state police were almost gleeful to be there and I wanted to tell Albany PD to get back to work.... Every time I turned around they were chatting up the protesters and distracting them from the job at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbear View Post
    I'm glad I was not the only one who thought so. The state police were almost gleeful to be there and I wanted to tell Albany PD to get back to work.... Every time I turned around they were chatting up the protesters and distracting them from the job at hand.
    Lol!

We spent quite a few minutes chatting with the Mounted Patrol pictured above. DH was real interested in the Belgians, as we bought him a half Belgian mare last year that I am training as a driving/work horse.

Had to laugh on the drive home....first rest area headed west was FULL of rally attendees, and the next two looked that way as well. The thruway was full of vehicles with all the "right" stickers! Like a giant 2nd Amend. road trip!!

Too bad we didn't arange to all meet up somewhere. Would have been nice to meet other Tree members. Maybe next time!

ETA: My bad....the Mounted Patrol pictures were on TB, not here! I have tons of pictures but don't know how to get them off my camera!