Thread: Remember Sheriff Denny Peyman

Default Remember Sheriff Denny Peyman

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headli...193666531.html

MCKEE, Ky (WYMT) - An audit of the Jackson County Sheriff's Office found many problems, both financial and in the way the office is managed.
    The fee account for 2011 has a deficit totaling almost $113,000.
    The audit also found that the department owes the fiscal court around $278,000 from the past two years.
    For months, Jackson County Judge Executive William O. Smith has been asking Sheriff Denny Peyman for reimbursement for the money the fiscal court gave him for payroll.
    "It's in black and white now, and it's not what we are saying, but what the auditor is saying," said Smith. "We have been directed by the auditors to collect the fees that are owed the fiscal court because we have fiscal responsibilities that we have to meet, and we can't meet them if we don't have the funds to do so."
    But, Sheriff Peyman says he is currently paying that debt back.
    "The money has been accounted for. There is no missing money like everybody thought. The $220,000 plus has been payed back for the $278,000 that I owed in overages," said Peyman.
    Currently, the fiscal court court is fee pooling the sheriff's office due to the debt. The county treasurer says the sheriff is turning money over to the fiscal court, but it is not for the debt.
    "Every bit of money that has come in through the fee account, I've paid that. I've paid all that money to them, yet they are not paying my bills. They are not paying bills for the sheriff's office," said Peyman.
    The audit also says the sheriff did not adequately monitor fuel purchases and exceeded the salary limits set by the fiscal court. Sheriff Peyman says he was giving gas to constables to help patrol, but he says that has stopped.
    The audit also found more than $500 not used for officials business. The money was said to be used for jury meals, but there was no jury meeting that day. Sheriff Peyman says he will pay that money back.
    In war, boots; in flight, a place in a boat or a seat on a lorry may be the most vital thing in the world, more desirable than untold millions. In hyperinflation, a kilo of potatoes was worth, to some, more than the family silver; a side of pork more than the grand piano. A prostitute in the family was better than an infant corpse; theft was preferable to starvation; warmth was finer than honour, clothing more essential than democracy, food more needed than freedom.

Are we supposed to? Why do we care?

Let's see......sheriff articulates opposition to gun control. Audit magically finds "problems".
    Coincidence? Not effing likely.
    Pleasing your enemies does not turn them into friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Central Florida south of Tampa on the coast

Quote Originally Posted by nvscanman View Post
    Let's see......sheriff articulates opposition to gun control. Audit magically finds "problems".
    And quite predictable.
    The Dark Side wants to eliminate Sheriff's, the last freely elected Law Enforcement Officer in America. The last citizen voice in law enforcement. Consolidate your base and isolate your enemy's.
    If we American's don't get off our collective asses and realize that the Revolt/Civil War is well under way and WE are taking serious losses we may as well invest in a set of kneepads cuz we are gonna need 'em.
    The one thing more cruel than harsh reality is false hope.

Liberal:
    1)one who, upon noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it MUST make better soup and therefore a law needs to be made so EVERYBODY eats rose soup, for their own good, of course.
    2)one who, except for being heavily insulated from the real world, would normally be lion food.

Quote Originally Posted by nvscanman View Post
    Perhaps, in spite of the fact that he opposes gun control, he's not in all other respects saintly.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Perhaps, in spite of the fact that he opposes gun control, he's not in all other respects saintly.
    The only saints are those who do what Jesus said/says.

That being said, he's getting thrown under the bus.

I wager the skeletons are crying out from the accusers closets.
    Last edited by Rob_0126; 02-28-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: clarified
    Proverbs 29:2, "...when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn."

Acts 4:12
    "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Hebrews 13:8
    , "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever."

Revelation 3:11, "Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Matthew 28:20, "...I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

Default Tempest in a Tea Pot

Based on (1) my experience in Jackson County, (2) the citizens served by Sheriff Peyman and (3) the mosaic of actual local political "things to talk about" by the folks whose business it really is, this is a tempest in a local tea pot.

One could do a lot worse than be located in Jackson County.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Time's up - you're it.

Aside from the fact that this audit just conveniently occurred when Sheriff Peyman has publicly spoken that he would defend the Second Amendment and his willingness to defy Federal law that would violate The People's rights to self-defense. This is a rolling-on-the-floor, knee slapping, oh my sides hurt so much, chuckle fest.

So Peyman's office has a $250,000 (ballpark) deficit...meanwhile the ENTIRE NATION faces sequestration because of a lack in spending cuts, with a debt of $16,000,000,000,000+, which comes to the sum of an estimated $45.8 trillion when unfunded liabilities are configured into the debt.

While the state of Kentucky sits with a debt of $45,000,000,000+.

I really don't give a rats behind if Peyman hasn't yet paid the piddle s**t amount of debt his office owes. At least his is manageable.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
    Matthew 10:29-31
    --------------------------------
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" - George S. Patton, Jr

I think they need to look at the fiscal court. In the last year or so many countys and town in Kentucky have found empolyees pocketing money and not paying bills. Most cases its been the girls working in the office and not the elected folks. After a city clerk was caught in a town close to me, the county and county seat (different town) had thrid party to aduit the books
    In war, boots; in flight, a place in a boat or a seat on a lorry may be the most vital thing in the world, more desirable than untold millions. In hyperinflation, a kilo of potatoes was worth, to some, more than the family silver; a side of pork more than the grand piano. A prostitute in the family was better than an infant corpse; theft was preferable to starvation; warmth was finer than honour, clothing more essential than democracy, food more needed than freedom.

Default $400,000 stolen

Thanks, wep - peaking of clerks, etc. here's a nice $400,000 story.

http://chantilly.patch.com/articles/...zzlement-theft

Parking Attendants at Smithsonian Udvar-Hazy Center Charged With Stealing $400,000 in Parking Fees

quote: The three individuals allegedly began stealing money in April 2009 after PMI came into control of the lot. The Smithsonian parking lot holds 2,000 cars and each driver pays a $15 daily fee to park.

Not bad for an easy day's work, heh?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Time's up - you're it.