Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Wonderful is the Gospel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How Wonderful is the Gospel

I know you guys get a lot of suggestions of stuff to listen to, and a bunch of it is really good, but not everyone has time to listen to everything - me included =). I've been listening to several teachings by this guy since early December. He preaches the Gospel 'full preach', with an appropriate emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues.

This teacher gives one of the clearest presentations of the Gospel I have ever heard....

This particular teaching covers so many of the bases regarding issues of Law and Grace, a topic that comes up time and again, really, really well. The first part of the teaching sounds like he's revving up for a teaching on the Gifts of the Spirit, but hang in there - around minutes 5 or 6 he gets to the main issues.

Be blessed! Download it to your phone or MP3 player - I listen to stuff while doing errands or chores at home - and am so glad that I've made the time to listen.

http://www.citychurchinternational.net/mp3/2007_04_22.zip

Be blessed!

-JGIG

"If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post

This teacher gives one of the clearest presentations of the Gospel I have ever heard....

Does he teach there are two gospels -- one before Jesus and one after Jesus -- like you teach?

If so, I'd rather stick with a presentation of the whole and true gospel of the messiah:

http://www.119ministries.com/what-is-the-gospel

Hebrews4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

Same gospel, same Torah, same expectations. Fair, true, beautiful, unchanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post

Does he teach there are two gospels -- one before Jesus and one after Jesus -- like you teach?

If so, I'd rather stick with a presentation of the whole and true gospel of the messiah:

http://www.119ministries.com/what-is-the-gospel

Hebrews4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.

Same gospel, same Torah, same expectations. Fair, true, beautiful, unchanging.

JGIG has never taught two gospels, nor have I.

There is one gospel that was presented to Adam and Eve in Genesis 3.
    God promised that He would provide the resolution.

Jesus fulfilled that promise.

What you folks have done is taken the religion created by and for Israel and hold on to it as if that were God's promise to the world when it was not. The point of what God did for Israel was to preserve them to bring forth the Messiah through His promise to Abraham and also to use them as an example that God Is Real.

The promise to the world came through Israel in the Messiah: Jesus Christ.

You may consider Him a speed bump in your religion and a guy who paid the tab for your sins, but He is the culmination of God's promise for reconciliation to become children of God.

The fact that you choose to ignore the second Adam making way for the New Creation through being born again and want to become Israel instead is your choice.

You are the one claiming two gospels - one God promised to Adam and Eve for all creation and the one you think God gave to Israel in becoming Israel.

We are born again into the new creation, a child of God.
    You are still a child of man in the colony of Israel.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    JGIG has never taught two gospels, nor have I.

Oh no? The words of JGIG herself:

lemon, I thought even you knew this:

The Gospel of the OT is that Messiah would come; the Gospel of the NT is that Messiah did come and the ramifications for mankind because of His Work.

-JGIG

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=4551738&postcount=106

Believing there is a gospel of the OT and a gospel of the NT is error and explains why she has wrong theology in many areas. I only pray people will read the scriptures for themselves and see her errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    You are the one claiming two gospels - one God promised to Adam and Eve for all creation and the one you think God gave to Israel in becoming Israel.

You are making a false accusation. I back up my statements with proof. Where is your proof?

-Sojourner

The Gospel of the OT is that Messiah would come; the Gospel of the NT is that Messiah did come and the ramifications for mankind because of His Work.

-JGIG

Those are not two gospels. It is ONE gospel - spoken of before He fulfilled the promise (OT) and after He arrived.

Believing there is a gospel of the OT and a gospel of the NT is error and explains why she has wrong theology in many areas. I only pray people will read the scriptures for themselves and see her errors.
    You misunderstand and see it as two gospels because you are caught up in the idea that what was given to Israel was the completion, it was not.

God did not give the Mosaic law to the whole world, only Israel.

He promised the messiah to the whole world - who is Jesus.

You are making a false accusation. I back up my statements with proof. Where is your proof?

-Sojourner
    It starts in Genesis 3 and ends in the resurrection of Jesus.

I don't think you need for me to post the whole Bible, do you?
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

-JGIG

-Sojourner
    It's called shadows and Reality, Sojourner =o).
    Hebrews 10:1
    The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.
    Christ and His Complete Work were the fulfillment of that to which the Law pointed.

-JGIG

So did anyone listen to the teaching?

Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post
    It's called shadows and Reality, Sojourner =o).

Sorry, JGIG, you said there was a gospel in the OT and a gospel in the NT. That's two gospels.

The lamb was slain before the foundation of the world, remember? THAT's the reality. There was no "OT gospel." The messiah's work was already done before the world began, and the church in the wilderness -- otherwise known as Israel -- heard the same gospel you did.

The reality is believers were saved by faith then, and expected to display the evidence of their faith by obeying the Torah. Just like now.

Elohim is no respecter of persons. Same gospel, same Torah. Same expectations then and now.

-JGIG

-Sojourner
    Amein.

Another area she fumbles horribly on is when she is asked what she repented from. Last time she answered me it was "from trying to establish my own righteousness". Really? THAT's true repentance???

Tit 2:14 who gave Himself for us, to redeem us from all lawlessness1 and to cleanse for Himself a people, His own possession, ardent for good works.2Footnotes: 1Lawlessness is a synonym for sin (1 John 3:4), Mt. 1:21, Acts 3:19 & 26, Acts 26:18, Rom. 6:1-22, Eph. 2:1-10, 1 John 3:8, Titus 3:5.2Mt. 16:27.

Tit 2:15 Speak these matters, urge, and reprove1 with all authority. Let no one despise you. Footnote: 1Or confute.

She runs from defining SIN as Scripture defines it. That's when you get a 1000 word treatise of artful dodging and distraction; but never and answer to a simple question.

Lightbulb To all the self-righteous in the house!

As the Scriptures say, "No one is righteous--not even one". Romans 3:10