Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 385

Thread: How Wonderful is the Gospel

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    583

    Default How Wonderful is the Gospel

    I know you guys get a lot of suggestions of stuff to listen to, and a bunch of it is really good, but not everyone has time to listen to everything - me included =). I've been listening to several teachings by this guy since early December. He preaches the Gospel 'full preach', with an appropriate emphasis on Old/New Covenant issues.

    This teacher gives one of the clearest presentations of the Gospel I have ever heard....

    This particular teaching covers so many of the bases regarding issues of Law and Grace, a topic that comes up time and again, really, really well. The first part of the teaching sounds like he's revving up for a teaching on the Gifts of the Spirit, but hang in there - around minutes 5 or 6 he gets to the main issues.

    Be blessed! Download it to your phone or MP3 player - I listen to stuff while doing errands or chores at home - and am so glad that I've made the time to listen.

    http://www.citychurchinternational.net/mp3/2007_04_22.zip

    Be blessed!

    -JGIG


    "If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

    www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGIG View Post

    This teacher gives one of the clearest presentations of the Gospel I have ever heard....


    Does he teach there are two gospels -- one before Jesus and one after Jesus -- like you teach?

    If so, I'd rather stick with a presentation of the whole and true gospel of the messiah:

    http://www.119ministries.com/what-is-the-gospel




    Hebrews4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.



    Same gospel, same Torah, same expectations. Fair, true, beautiful, unchanging.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post



    Does he teach there are two gospels -- one before Jesus and one after Jesus -- like you teach?

    If so, I'd rather stick with a presentation of the whole and true gospel of the messiah:

    http://www.119ministries.com/what-is-the-gospel




    Hebrews4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.



    Same gospel, same Torah, same expectations. Fair, true, beautiful, unchanging.

    JGIG has never taught two gospels, nor have I.

    There is one gospel that was presented to Adam and Eve in Genesis 3.
    God promised that He would provide the resolution.

    Jesus fulfilled that promise.

    What you folks have done is taken the religion created by and for Israel and hold on to it as if that were God's promise to the world when it was not. The point of what God did for Israel was to preserve them to bring forth the Messiah through His promise to Abraham and also to use them as an example that God Is Real.

    The promise to the world came through Israel in the Messiah: Jesus Christ.

    You may consider Him a speed bump in your religion and a guy who paid the tab for your sins, but He is the culmination of God's promise for reconciliation to become children of God.

    The fact that you choose to ignore the second Adam making way for the New Creation through being born again and want to become Israel instead is your choice.

    You are the one claiming two gospels - one God promised to Adam and Eve for all creation and the one you think God gave to Israel in becoming Israel.

    We are born again into the new creation, a child of God.
    You are still a child of man in the colony of Israel.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    JGIG has never taught two gospels, nor have I.

    Oh no? The words of JGIG herself:

    lemon, I thought even you knew this:

    The Gospel of the OT is that Messiah would come; the Gospel of the NT is that Messiah did come and the ramifications for mankind because of His Work.

    -JGIG


    http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=4551738&postcount=106



    Believing there is a gospel of the OT and a gospel of the NT is error and explains why she has wrong theology in many areas. I only pray people will read the scriptures for themselves and see her errors.







    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    You are the one claiming two gospels - one God promised to Adam and Eve for all creation and the one you think God gave to Israel in becoming Israel.

    You are making a false accusation. I back up my statements with proof. Where is your proof?


    -Sojourner

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post

    Hebrews4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.



    Same gospel, same Torah, same expectations. Fair, true, beautiful, unchanging.

    Jesus made it plain: He kept the torah so that we may have life in the Spirit, we are to follow Him. Following Him means we are aware of the sin in our lives, we confess it daily, and we trust in His power to save us and change us. There is an order to God's ways. If you chose to follow your own order, or the order of some other man, you will end up in error.

    John 15
    1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.3 Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.6 If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.7 If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.8 By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.9 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.10 If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father'scommandments and abide in his love.
    11 These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.
    12 "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.14 You are my friends if you do what I command you.15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.17 These things I command you, so that you will love one another.
    If there's any faithfulness in me, it's only by His grace and totally to His glory...


    God gave the solution to what's coming upon this nation and this world:

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,903

    Default

    In March of 2009, I died. The life I now live is in Christ, a part of a New Spiritual Man. Positionally, I am holy before the sight of Father God because He no longer sees my sins, but He sees Jesus' righteousness upon me as I wear it like a robe. This gives me confidence to go boldly to the throne of grace when I stumble where He teaches me to let go of the things of the flesh and grow in knowledge of Him becoming sanctified as I abide in His Son Jesus. It's pretty awesome, this new covenant, this new way. It's life.

    If we wish to remain in this flesh, we will be striving to create a righteousness of our own. This will always be nothing but filthy rags to God. It is the things Jesus Spirit does through us which will endure the test of fire at the Bema Judgment. The things we did when we yielded to His Spirit. These things are always based in love, which is why He commanded us to love one another. They will require us to put our own selfish wants aside in order to lay down our lives for others. We do what we see our Father do, and our Father came down to earth to walk sinless and die for others that we may live.

    A seed cannot bear fruit unless it dies. And if it does die, it will bear much fruit. I encourage everyone who has not died to do so. The day you die will be a day of rejoicing, as it will be the first day you live in the Spirit of God.
    If there's any faithfulness in me, it's only by His grace and totally to His glory...


    God gave the solution to what's coming upon this nation and this world:

    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulServant View Post
    In March of 2009, I died. The life I now live is in Christ, a part of a New Spiritual Man. Positionally, I am holy before the sight of Father God because He no longer sees my sins, but He sees Jesus' righteousness upon me as I wear it like a robe. This gives me confidence to go boldly to the throne of grace when I stumble where He teaches me to let go of the things of the flesh and grow in knowledge of Him becoming sanctified as I abide in His Son Jesus. It's pretty awesome, this new covenant, this new way. It's life.

    If we wish to remain in this flesh, we will be striving to create a righteousness of our own. This will always be nothing but filthy rags to God. It is the things Jesus Spirit does through us which will endure the test of fire at the Bema Judgment. The things we did when we yielded to His Spirit. These things are always based in love, which is why He commanded us to love one another. They will require us to put our own selfish wants aside in order to lay down our lives for others. We do what we see our Father do, and our Father came down to earth to walk sinless and die for others that we may live.

    A seed cannot bear fruit unless it dies. And if it does die, it will bear much fruit. I encourage everyone who has not died to do so. The day you die will be a day of rejoicing, as it will be the first day you live in the Spirit of God.
    Amen and Amen!
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    Oh no? The words of JGIG herself:

    lemon, I thought even you knew this:

    The Gospel of the OT is that Messiah would come; the Gospel of the NT is that Messiah did come and the ramifications for mankind because of His Work.

    -JGIG

    http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=4551738&postcount=106
    Those are not two gospels. It is ONE gospel - spoken of before He fulfilled the promise (OT) and after He arrived.

    Believing there is a gospel of the OT and a gospel of the NT is error and explains why she has wrong theology in many areas. I only pray people will read the scriptures for themselves and see her errors.
    You misunderstand and see it as two gospels because you are caught up in the idea that what was given to Israel was the completion, it was not.

    God did not give the Mosaic law to the whole world, only Israel.

    He promised the messiah to the whole world - who is Jesus.





    You are making a false accusation. I back up my statements with proof. Where is your proof?


    -Sojourner
    It starts in Genesis 3 and ends in the resurrection of Jesus.

    I don't think you need for me to post the whole Bible, do you?
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    20,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post


    Hebrews4:2 For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.



    Same gospel, same Torah, same expectations. Fair, true, beautiful, unchanging.

    ROMANS 2

    14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

    1 TIM 1

    Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers

    3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer 4 or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. 5 The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 6 Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. 7 They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

    8We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.
    'A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument,'" writes von Campe

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    Oh no? The words of JGIG herself:

    lemon, I thought even you knew this:

    The Gospel of the OT is that Messiah would come; the Gospel of the NT is that Messiah did come and the ramifications for mankind because of His Work.

    -JGIG

    http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpost.php?p=4551738&postcount=106



    Believing there is a gospel of the OT and a gospel of the NT is error and explains why she has wrong theology in many areas. I only pray people will read the scriptures for themselves and see her errors.


    You are making a false accusation. I back up my statements with proof. Where is your proof?


    -Sojourner
    It's called shadows and Reality, Sojourner =o).
    Hebrews 10:1
    The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming--not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship.
    Christ and His Complete Work were the fulfillment of that to which the Law pointed.

    -JGIG


    "If you've lost sight of the Cross in your journey, it's time to alter course."

    www.joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •